Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > Withdrawls

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2012, 12:24 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 163 Times on 115 Posts
Likes Given: 260

Default Withdrawls

I had to send my Kimber in to have some warranty work done ( no I'm not surprised ) and it's been almost 3 weeks. I have been getting moody lately and have been having to go out back and run thru a few mags just to get thru the week. I never minded having a gun worked on before but this one seems to bug the snot out of me. Nieenteenelevenitis strikes again.

I called them today and found out it is finished, they just have to do a total clean and oil before sending it back. It should be here Thursday, I told the wife that she needs to meet me at the range so we can work out some of this grumpiness that I have been experiencing. She just laughed and came home with 200 rounds of ammo, yeah I gave her a kiss.

Don't question my right to own a gun and I won't question your stupidity not to.

You give Peace a chance, we will cover you if it doesn't work out.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-20-2012, 12:57 AM   #2

Liked 901 Times on 474 Posts
Likes Given: 635

WHAT! you knew when you bought a Mimber That you stood a 50 50 chance of sending it back. I think the real # is around 46%.

Old 03-20-2012, 01:10 AM   #3

Liked 2178 Times on 1469 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

You should have bought two -
One to keep while the other is being repaired (hopefully within they're 1 yr warranty)

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Old 03-20-2012, 01:14 AM   #4

Liked 1419 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Ahaa...levelcross, u need a hug?

Or you could jump in your car, drive down here and shoot my Colt.

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 03-20-2012, 01:39 AM   #5

Liked 35 Times on 29 Posts

Three measley weeks? Three pistols sent in for warranty (none of them Kimbers) with one of them being sent in 3 times! Shortest time gone 5 weeks, longest time gone 7 months!

Old 03-20-2012, 09:17 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake View Post
Ahaa...levelcross, u need a hug?

Or you could jump in your car, drive down here and shoot my Colt.
Cane I will message you the next time I head that far south, I would like to buy a few at the very least and pick your brain. The offer to shoot your Colt might be taken up on LOL. If I had known what I know now I would have bought the Colt, I love the Kimber but I still want a few Colts.

I just have to get thru my Daughter's wedding first, "I'm the father of the Bride, I write checks", sooooo true.

Don't question my right to own a gun and I won't question your stupidity not to.

Old 03-21-2012, 01:26 AM   #7

Liked 1419 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by levelcross View Post
Cane I will message you the next time I head that far south, I would like to buy a few at the very least and pick your brain. The offer to shoot your Colt might be taken up on LOL. If I had known what I know now I would have bought the Colt, I love the Kimber but I still want a few Colts.

I just have to get thru my Daughter's wedding first, "I'm the father of the Bride, I write checks", sooooo true.
I'm just outside of Ft Lauderdale.

Come-on-down, got plenty of room to garrison you and yours and we can do a safe dump.

I always need to exercise my pony's! You really need to shoot my 460 Rowland.

When you get your daughter married off, give me a shout.

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 03-21-2012, 02:47 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by limbkiller View Post
WHAT! you knew when you bought a Mimber That you stood a 50 50 chance of sending it back. I think the real # is around 46%.
Well, I guess I defy stats. I have 2 Kimbers, my cousin one and a close friend one. Three bought in 2011 and 1 in 2010. None have had even an hint of trouble, certainly none have needed warrantee work, and all get significant range time.

Old 03-21-2012, 02:48 AM   #9

Here's my Kimber Tactical Entry II with .460 Rowland conversion.

kimber-460-rowland.jpg  

Old 03-21-2012, 01:07 PM   #10

Thanks Cane will keep that in mind.

As for the Kimber, I really love the gun but haven't been able to get my hands on any other 1911's long enough to make a honest comparison. So I'm not sure if it is the 1911 format or the gun itself that just works for me. I rent everyone that the local range gets, but they sell them off pretty quick. Lately all they have had is Kimbers. As for the work on mine it was just needing some feed ramp work as the brass was catching on the bottom edge. Being how it was still under warranty I decided to let them do the work and see what and how they did it. It was going to take more than a polish job, but I blame this on the CCW frenzy. Gum manufacturers are producing all that they can to sell as many guns as possible before the rush tapers off. This always seems to lead to production quality issues, just not hand fit and finished anymore.

Newest Threads