Wilson combat opinions? - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > Wilson combat opinions?

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2012, 09:54 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
bartwatkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Birmingham,AL
Posts: 454
Liked 60 Times on 45 Posts
Likes Given: 57

Default

Since you said that you enjoyed seeing the pics...
Here is a couple pics of my Gov't Ed Brown Kobra.

__________________
bartwatkins is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 10:09 PM   #22
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
nickel1911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 269
Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartwatkins
Since you said that you enjoyed seeing the pics...
Here is one of my Gov't Ed Brown Kobra.
This Ed brown is BAD ASS!! I especially like the fish scale serrations on the slide. The lines on this weapon are perfect. Can you feel the difference between a half moon trigger ( like on your Ed brown ) and a crescent moon trigger? I've never fired a weapon with a flat trigger like that. Thanks for posting!
__________________
nickel1911 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 05:21 PM   #23
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 563
Liked 72 Times on 46 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickel1911

@ alpha1victor. Thanks for posting the pics. That's a beauty you got there. Is the frame an od green? Bull barrel?
Thats correct sir.
__________________
Alpha1Victor is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 08:27 PM   #24
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
bartwatkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Birmingham,AL
Posts: 454
Liked 60 Times on 45 Posts
Likes Given: 57

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickel1911 View Post
This Ed brown is BAD ASS!! I especially like the fish scale serrations on the slide. The lines on this weapon are perfect. Can you feel the difference between a half moon trigger ( like on your Ed brown ) and a crescent moon trigger? I've never fired a weapon with a flat trigger like that. Thanks for posting!
Thank you very much....
Yes, the scales are indicative of the EB Kobra model. They are actually supposed to be snake scales (but they look like fish scales or snake scales).
They are great because they are only 'grippy' from one direction. If you slide your hand across them the other direction - they are smooth.

The trigger is a 10-8 Inc (Hilton Yam) Flat Trigger that I had installed by EB during the build. It is awesome as no matter where your finger impacts or contacts the trigger - the rearward pull distance is the same or equal. I also have a Springfield Armory loaded model 1911 and I have just purchased/installed/fitted a 10-8 flat trigger on it as well. Once I went the flat trigger route, there was no going back!

All of this said - I do not mean to say that I think Ed Brown is 'better' or 'superior' to Wilson (just because I own an EB). You cannot go wrong with any of these brands (Wilson, Baer, EB and/or Nighthawk) - all are awesome. If I was buying right now - I would actually choose a Wilson because I want a 9mm on a 1911 frame (but a commander size w/bobtail for concealability). EB will not/does not have or make a 9mm 1911 offereing. However, I will probably just go with a Dan Wesson Guardian as the pricetag is a bit more managable.
__________________

Last edited by bartwatkins; 03-13-2012 at 08:32 PM.
bartwatkins is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 12:27 AM   #25
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
nickel1911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 269
Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartwatkins

Thank you very much....
Yes, the scales are indicative of the EB Kobra model. They are actually supposed to be snake scales (but they look like fish scales or snake scales).
They are great because they are only 'grippy' from one direction. If you slide your hand across them the other direction - they are smooth.

The trigger is a 10-8 Inc (Hilton Yam) Flat Trigger that I had installed by EB during the build. It is awesome as no matter where your finger impacts or contacts the trigger - the rearward pull distance is the same or equal. I also have a Springfield Armory loaded model 1911 and I have just purchased/installed/fitted a 10-8 flat trigger on it as well. Once I went the flat trigger route, there was no going back!

All of this said - I do not mean to say that I think Ed Brown is 'better' or 'superior' to Wilson (just because I own an EB). You cannot go wrong with any of these brands (Wilson, Baer, EB and/or Nighthawk) - all are awesome. If I was buying right now - I would actually choose a Wilson because I want a 9mm on a 1911 frame (but a commander size w/bobtail for concealability). EB will not/does not have or make a 9mm 1911 offereing. However, I will probably just go with a Dan Wesson Guardian as the pricetag is a bit more managable.
Now that you explain the trigger like that it definitely makes sense. I've always been into the skeletonized triggers but I'll have to try the flat to see what I've been missing. Thanks for all of the feedback and insight. Best of luck with the Dan Wesson! They also use nothing but the best parts available
__________________
nickel1911 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Wilson Combat Sponge 1911 Forum 25 11-08-2012 05:47 AM
Wilson Combat or White Oak Barrel AznZOhAn AR-15 Discussion 10 03-08-2012 11:51 PM
Wilson Combat 47D mags xdm11chad 1911 Forum 12 12-16-2011 05:28 AM
Thumbs up for Wilson Combat junho806 1911 Forum 5 09-27-2010 11:25 PM
Best prices on Wilson Combat Uber Arms Sponsor Display 2 01-21-2008 06:42 PM