Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   1911 Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/)
-   -   Wilson combat opinions? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/wilson-combat-opinions-59843/)

nickel1911 03-09-2012 08:50 PM

Wilson combat opinions?

I'Ve been looking at the Wilson combat cqb lightweight light rail. Looking for any opinions or feedback on this beautiful work of art. Anyone out there lucky enough to own this gun considering the steep price tag?

limbkiller 03-09-2012 09:01 PM

Don't own one but have shot several Wilsons and they are great guns!! For the money I think Les Baer is a better value. Ed Brown is another good choice. Browns aren't known for their finish as the others but man what shooters. If you can afford a Wilson I say go for it you won't be disappointed.

Thomas Carey 03-09-2012 09:11 PM

In my view Wilson Combat, Les Baer, Ed Brown, you just can't go wrong. =)

limbkiller 03-09-2012 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomas Carey (Post 734887)
In my view Wilson Combat, Les Baer, Ed Brown, you just can't go wrong. =)

Well said sir!!

nickel1911 03-09-2012 10:03 PM

I've definitely considered les baers and Ed browns also. I know any one of those would be an excellent choice. But I always seem to find my way back to that Wilson CQB. It's just a dream right now but hopefully it'll be a reality one day :) thanks for the feedback guys!

scottybaccus 03-09-2012 10:29 PM

Wilson is the Caddy to Les Baur's Lincoln. Ed Brown is the Chevrolet. They are all op flight, but Wilson is my favorite of the bunch.

nickel1911 03-11-2012 12:37 PM

Wish I had the chance to spend some time with all three at the range! My attraction to the Wilson combat is cosmetic only. And also what I've read about them. Kinda shallow... I know :)

Axxe55 03-11-2012 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickel1911 (Post 736627)
Wish I had the chance to spend some time with all three at the range! My attraction to the Wilson combat is cosmetic only. And also what I've read about them. Kinda shallow... I know :)

nothing shallow about it. Wilson Combat pistols are top notch and very nicely finished. a lot of th cosmetic appeal comes from the fact they are hand built and attention to detail which makes them very well fitted and that just makes them look nicer. Les Baer pistols are nice too, as are the Ed Brown's, but IMO, the Wilson's are the cream of the crop. my LGS carries a few of them and they ain't cheap! i would jump at the chance to own one myself, but maybe sometime in the future.

Alpha1Victor 03-11-2012 09:50 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I have a Wilson cqb compact. I can honestly say this is THE best hand gun I have ever owned. I beat this thing to a pulp and it keeps comming back for more. This is my ccw gun and I trust it not only with my life but my families also.

BenLuby 03-11-2012 09:53 PM

Hey Alpha! Did you take that picture standing on your head?