Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > Who makes the best 1911?

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2012, 04:15 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
canebrake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: 150 miles NE of Sloppy Joe's Bar
Posts: 21,941
Liked 1414 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog2000tj View Post
But I do have a kick azz AR458 though
Yes you do, and I thank you for building that gun!
__________________
http://i695.photobucket.com/albums/v...brake02jpg.jpg

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello
canebrake is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 04:26 PM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
canebrake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: 150 miles NE of Sloppy Joe's Bar
Posts: 21,941
Liked 1414 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
I would say easily colt with a second place springfield armory.
I agree completely Jon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
Rra just announced a new polymer 1911... ive wanted a rra 1911 but not a poly one
I'm viewing this as a Skeptical Optimist. (maybe more like pessimism)

__________________
http://i695.photobucket.com/albums/v...brake02jpg.jpg

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello
canebrake is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 04:39 PM   #13
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,193
Liked 121 Times on 86 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake
For price, quality, name recognition, pride in ownership, historical significance, patriotism, investment,........ad nauseam.

There is only one.

.....................
+100 the one an only the origonal the colt, I have 2 1911a, unmolested bone stock 45's, my grandfather carried one through his service dates an the other he purchased long ago, I will never change one single thing on them.
__________________
Muliemaster is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 04:43 PM   #14
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
lrchops's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Auburn,CA
Posts: 35
Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Default

Colt is the original, but not necessarily the best. I don't think there is a best considering the engineering of today's 1911's. If you go BEST, then your looking at ED BROWN or LES Baer custom .45's

The SIG's, Kimbers, Colts, Springfields, Smith Wesson, and some others are on close equal playing fields and I am not sure you can put one ahead of the other for overall performance.

If I had to choose name? I would go with Colt, just cause they are the original cool factor quality mainstay! My personal favorites are the SIG's

One thing I will say about Colt, is I have two or thier 1991 A1's and those guns were straight JUNK out of the factory. They have plastic parts and poor quality control!

__________________

May God make smooth the path you follow!

lrchops is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 04:50 PM   #15
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,193
Liked 121 Times on 86 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrchops
Colt is the original, but not necessarily the best. I don't think there is a best considering the engineering of today's 1911's. If you go BEST, then your looking at ED BROWN or LES Baer custom .45's

The SIG's, Kimbers, Colts, Springfields, Smith Wesson, and some others are on close equal playing fields and I am not sure you can put one ahead of the other for overall performance.

If I had to choose name? I would go with Colt, just cause they are the original cool factor quality mainstay! My personal favorites are the SIG's

One thing I will say about Colt, is I have two or thier 1991 A1's and those guns were straight JUNK out of the factory. They have plastic parts and poor quality control!
1911a junk ??? Ok I have 2 an they have been flawless for the origonal owner my granddad an me so junk?? I dont think so
__________________
Muliemaster is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 05:02 PM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
TheOldMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Warner Robins,Georgia
Posts: 993
Liked 27 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muliemaster View Post
1911a junk ??? Ok I have 2 an they have been flawless for the origonal owner my granddad an me so junk?? I dont think so
LOL...He said "1991a1" Mulie
__________________

NRA Life Member

" Guns have only two enemies: RUST & POLITICIANS"

"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms"

The U.S. Constitution: The 2nd Amendment is in place in case the Poloticians ignore the others"

TheOldMan is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 05:18 PM   #17
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
danf_fl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: LA (Lower Alabama),FL
Posts: 10,061
Liked 2658 Times on 1549 Posts
Likes Given: 1178

Default

Although a little biased, I would say Ed Brown.

__________________

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

danf_fl is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 05:26 PM   #18
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
canebrake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: 150 miles NE of Sloppy Joe's Bar
Posts: 21,941
Liked 1414 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muliemaster View Post
+100 the one an only the origonal the colt, I have 2 1911a, unmolested bone stock 45's, my grandfather carried one through his service dates an the other he purchased long ago, I will never change one single thing on them.
I know the feeling!

__________________
http://i695.photobucket.com/albums/v...brake02jpg.jpg

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello
canebrake is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 07:20 PM   #19
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
limbkiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: georgetown,ky
Posts: 1,257
Liked 868 Times on 454 Posts
Likes Given: 608

Default

Les Baer, Ed Brown, Wilson Combat,Dan Wesson, Top of the line SA and STI all make better guns than Colt. I still love Colts though.

__________________
limbkiller is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 08:28 PM   #20
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
canebrake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: 150 miles NE of Sloppy Joe's Bar
Posts: 21,941
Liked 1414 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by limbkiller View Post
Les Baer, Ed Brown, Wilson Combat,Dan Wesson, Top of the line SA and STI all make better guns than Colt. I still love Colts though.
8017988-illustration-oops-icon-isolated-background.jpg

And you never mentioned NightHawk?

nighthawk-executive-1-cane.jpg
__________________
http://i695.photobucket.com/albums/v...brake02jpg.jpg

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello
canebrake is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Taurus 1911 or Rock Island 1911?? cfraga1978 1911 Forum 12 04-06-2012 04:04 AM
Colt/Walther 1911 in .22 verus Chiappa 1911-22 gwk4667 1911 Forum 11 02-01-2012 11:33 AM
Springfield 1911 vs. remington 1911 jeepdude90 1911 Forum 21 11-07-2011 08:09 PM
SA 1911 loaded vs. SA 1911 mc operator EMTchad 1911 Forum 5 09-16-2011 05:30 AM
Iím not clear on what makes a 1911, a 1911. Vincine 1911 Forum 5 08-16-2011 06:14 PM