What's the best 1911 for under $1000 - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > What's the best 1911 for under $1000

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2014, 05:01 PM   #41
Cancer Killa
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: -1 reviews

Liked 350 Times on 214 Posts
Likes Given: 612

Quote:
Originally Posted by SicilianHitman13 View Post
Nice 1911 50caliber...
Ok so I stop by my local gun shop to ask about a para ordnance expert see if they can get me one and how much.the sales guy gives me an attitude and tells me that he won't deal with para because they have a lot of problems..then he tells me if I want to buy a real gun buy the kimber sts...I tell him that i'm considering the kimber but the limited 1 year warranty is holding me back and that para has a lifetime warranty...he tells me if I want to buy a warranty by the para, if I want to buy a real gun that's gonna last a lifetime buy the kimber.now I don't know if he is telling me the truth or just trying to make a quick sale because the kimber is in stock. ...any suggestion? ???
Never step into that gunshop again. Do business with me instead. ;-)

Seriously though. The Remington R1 Enhanced is my favorite 1911. I own one and love it! I've shot just about every 1911 out there and it is by far my favorite.

Owner/Armorer at Argyle Armoring, LLC - FFL 07
NRA Life Member
What do I know? I'm only a professional.

Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 05-05-2014, 04:51 PM   #42
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 27 Times on 20 Posts

Olympus mentioned a "thin finish" issue with the STI's. I carried a Lawman for over 2 years with no finish issues. Maybe I got lucky, but the other STI's that I own have had no issues either.

I don't claim to be a heavy shooter, no more than 400-500 rounds/week during the summers and probably only 200 during the winter. Just my experience.

If I have to explain it, you probably won't understand it.

Old 05-13-2014, 12:31 AM   #43
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 243 Times on 117 Posts
Likes Given: 65

best for under a grand?

new? used?

as far as used, my 2nd t.r.p. was 800 (granted, that was a godsend that never ever happens)

the kimber raptor II I dropped a deposit on was 899

the colt xse in stainless that's probably coming home with me in 2 weeks was the same price.

you can find new....hell, ruger, springer, Remington, r.i.a., etc etc etc for well under a grand.

all depends on what you want.

Old 05-13-2014, 05:35 PM   #44
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2723 Times on 1354 Posts
Likes Given: 267

Quote:
Originally Posted by SicilianHitman13 View Post
Nice 1911 50caliber...
Ok so I stop by my local gun shop to ask about a para ordnance expert see if they can get me one and how much.the sales guy gives me an attitude and tells me that he won't deal with para because they have a lot of problems..then he tells me if I want to buy a real gun buy the kimber sts...I tell him that i'm considering the kimber but the limited 1 year warranty is holding me back and that para has a lifetime warranty...he tells me if I want to buy a warranty by the para, if I want to buy a real gun that's gonna last a lifetime buy the kimber.now I don't know if he is telling me the truth or just trying to make a quick sale because the kimber is in stock. ...any suggestion? ???
Find another dealer. I don't want anything from the "my brand or nothing" guy.
I'm contrarian in nature and I'll sit there and screw with those guys endlessly, just to drive them crazy.
Tell me I have to buy a Glock or anything else will get me killed when the zombies come? I'll ask to see the XD in the case next to it.
Kimber is what Jesus shoots? Show me that Springfield or Dan Wesson next to it.
Sig Sauer is the dog's bollocks you say? Hand me that CZ... and so on.
FWIW, the contents of my safe sort of bears this out.
NRA Life Member

"If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand."
Milton Friedman

Last edited by Overkill0084; 05-13-2014 at 05:38 PM.
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 05-13-2014, 07:02 PM   #45

Liked 383 Times on 219 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overkill0084 View Post
Find another dealer. I don't want anything from the "my brand or nothing" guy.
I'm contrarian in nature and I'll sit there and screw with those guys endlessly, just to drive them crazy.
Tell me I have to buy a Glock or anything else will get me killed when the zombies come? I'll ask to see the XD in the case next to it.
Kimber is what Jesus shoots? Show me that Springfield or Dan Wesson next to it.
Sig Sauer is the dog's bollocks you say? Hand me that CZ... and so on.
FWIW, the contents of my safe sort of bears this out.
I found myself doing the same thing when I bought my walther ppq m2. Guy at the counter literally scoffed when I said id like to see the walther. Then he pulled out his carry glock with a wolf barrel and was tooting his horn like crazy. I'm like "yeah I'm here for the walther. I've shot glocks and I'd like something different from what everyone else at the range has." Thankfully another reasonable employee was there and sang some praise about the walther. I think he was over stepping the show off because he was afraid to lose the sale. I had already walked out of another lgs because the guy gave me EXTREMELY inaccurate info on the walther ppq vs ppx. Ah well live and learn. Now whenever I go into my frequent lgs, I avoid the glock fan boy like the plague. Disclaimer to the glock guys before I get flamed: I like glocks, I just liked the walther better. good luck op choosing your new pistol.
Old 05-13-2014, 07:17 PM   #46
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21202 Times on 12040 Posts
Likes Given: 52916

anytime someone in a gus store points me in a certain direction, by telling only Brand "A" is worth buying and i have my eye on looking at Brand "B" and they continue with spouting how great Brand "A" is and then go with Brand "B" is a poor choice and how bad it is. i just turn around and walk out.

i don't mind suggestions as long as they are impartial. many times i have been offered suggestions to look at and to consider when i was looking to buy something. when i bought my XDm40, i was looking at possibly buying a Glock in 40. the owner of the LGS suggested i look at a very slightly used XDm40 he just got in that morning.

Old 05-13-2014, 07:22 PM   #47
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2723 Times on 1354 Posts
Likes Given: 267

Quote:
Originally Posted by FernandoTheCommando View Post
I found myself doing the same thing when I bought my walther ppq m2. Guy at the counter literally scoffed when I said id like to see the walther. Then he pulled out his carry glock with a wolf barrel and was tooting his horn like crazy. I'm like "yeah I'm here for the walther. I've shot glocks and I'd like something different from what everyone else at the range has." Thankfully another reasonable employee was there and sang some praise about the walther. I think he was over stepping the show off because he was afraid to lose the sale. I had already walked out of another lgs because the guy gave me EXTREMELY inaccurate info on the walther ppq vs ppx. Ah well live and learn. Now whenever I go into my frequent lgs, I avoid the glock fan boy like the plague. Disclaimer to the glock guys before I get flamed: I like glocks, I just liked the walther better. good luck op choosing your new pistol.
The fact often overlooked by many people: Most guns work pretty well. Sure there are differences in fit, finish & features. But we live in a world where one could theoretically blindfold oneself, reach into a display cabinet and pull out any one of many different guns and be fairly certain that whatever you grabbed will work.
NRA Life Member

"If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand."
Milton Friedman
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 05-13-2014, 07:26 PM   #48
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21202 Times on 12040 Posts
Likes Given: 52916

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overkill0084 View Post
The fact often overlooked by many people: Most guns work pretty well. Sure there are differences in fit, finish & features. But we live in a world where one could theoretically blindfold oneself, reach into a display cabinet and pull out any one of many different guns and be fairly certain that whatever you grabbed will work.
Amen!

i can agree with that. the chances of getting a bad pistol are much slimmer than one would think.

Old 05-15-2014, 01:01 AM   #49

Likes Given: 1

Take a look at the Colt 01070 XSE for $980 NIB at one of my favorite online dealers, The Exchange in Brookings,South Dakota. They have great customer service, very reasonable overnight shipping, and super prices. I've purchased 2 guns from them in the past 4 months and both showed up the next day at my FFL holder in PA.

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

Old 05-15-2014, 11:41 PM   #50
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

I have a Kimber, Colt Combat Commander xse, 3 HKs all in .45 and a Beretta 9mm. They are all great guns.

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk