Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > What you think about SA1911 loaded

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2011, 05:54 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default What you think about SA1911 loaded

What do you guys have to say about the SA 1911 loaded model. It's about 900-1000.00 here in California.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-17-2011, 04:03 PM   #2

Liked 52 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 59

I love mine. I've only had a chance to shoot a few mags full through it, but it is very accurate and functions flawlessly. Nice easy recoil.

Join the NRA! Stop the Brady madness!

Old 08-17-2011, 04:50 PM   #3

Liked 59 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 55

Excellent - flawless.
I purchased mine in February (Parkerized Loaded w/combat night sights) and have over 1200 rounds through it. I have only experienced a handfull of FTF and that was due to the ammo that I was trying out (some soft lead tipped hollow points). The personal protection hollow points that I use now are Winchester bonded PDX-1 and those have fed flawlessly. Also all of the FMJ ball ammo (mostly Winchester white box) has fed flawlessly.

I have done a couple/few things to it myself over the the last few months:

Removed the ILS Mainspring housing & installed S&A housing with magwell & Wolff 19# mainspring
VZ grips
Purchased a Wilson combat multi-comp combination barrel bushing/compensator (the thought being that my kids aged 11 & 14 could handle the recoil muzzle flip better w/the comp).

Did not really notice any difference in felt recoil or muzzle flip but noticed a big difference in accuracy because th Wilson multi-comp fit my barrel & slide tighter than the stock bushing.

Recently, I measured the OD of my barrel & ID of slide and had EGW machine a precision bushing. I have removed the multi-comp and replaced with this bushing. No range report yet as the EGW bushing just came in and have not had a chance to shoot w/it yet.

Some pics:
As arrived/new

VZ grips & S&A magwell added

Magwell, grips & comp

W/some Pachmayrs

Old 08-17-2011, 04:57 PM   #4

Liked 1414 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartwatkins View Post
Recently, I measured the OD of my barrel & ID of slide and had EGW machine a precision bushing. I have removed the multi-comp and replaced with this bushing. No range report yet as the EGW bushing just came in and have not had a chance to shoot w/it yet.
Let us know how the EGW bushing works out for you.

I have purchased several things from them and have found all to be top-notch, quality parts.

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 08-17-2011, 04:59 PM   #5

Liked 59 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 55

Will do - it fits very tight (although do not need a bushing wrench to remove) and is made of thick metal (thicker than the factory bushing). Seems to be very high quality.

Bart

Old 08-17-2011, 05:00 PM   #6

Good stuff Bart, i might have todo what you did with the bushing and all that. I too have a parkerized 1911 loaded, all parts original, only thing I changed is the 2 piece guide rode to the GI rod and cap.

Old 08-17-2011, 07:04 PM   #7

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake

Let us know how the EGW bushing works out for you.

I have purchased several things from them and have found all to be top-notch, quality parts.
Hello cane, I have a few question and would like some of your wisdom. I have stainless loaded, and want to do some changing on it. My biggest question is about bull barrels. Mine has air gauged barrel now and shoots great, but I've heard bull barrels are better. Another question is it has a 2 piece guide rod with Wilson Combat 24# spring, which is better a 1 piece guide rod or cap?

Old 08-17-2011, 09:23 PM   #8

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

To answer the question, the loaded is an awesome pistol. I don't like carrying a heavy gun, but I do shoot heavy all steel guns better. My loaded is all stainless steel and it shoots great, especially for only paying less than $700.00. Awesome buy. Pisses me off when I pay more for a gun and my loaded shoots better.

Old 08-17-2011, 09:28 PM   #9

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

Hey Chad, are parts expensive in ca. Just want get some stuff for my loaded, she is about 10 years old and I want to give her some new stuff.

Old 08-18-2011, 12:24 AM   #10

Liked 425 Times on 279 Posts
Likes Given: 34

Nothing wrong with the Loads. I like the Loaded Target. But for about $1000, I would prefer to have the STI Trojan.