What is it with everybody and their Glocks? - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > What is it with everybody and their Glocks?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2011, 03:08 PM   #21
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3099 Times on 1553 Posts
Likes Given: 383

Glock- Shooting appliance. Functional, reliable and very good for it's intended use. Just about as exciting to look at as a $12 Wal-Mart coffee maker.
1911- Much like a well kept muscle car (as previously noted). Not always the most practical thing available, but you simply don't care. I would guess that if one is driving a beautiful muscle car, they are not pining away for a Civic or a Corolla.

NRA Life Member

Liberals are constantly telling us about the poor and oppressed in this country. With that in mind, why do they feel the need to keep importing poor people from other countries?

Old 11-07-2011, 11:34 AM   #22

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts

I have owned 6 glocks, 3 G23, 2 G27, 1G26 and a G21. Notice I said owned, I have owned a SA mil spec, kick myself every time I think of that day I sold it. I now have a Kimber and won't part with it. I carry my sig p239, and my Kimber on a regular basis.
Now if you want a throw around gun that needs little care, buy a glock and a bore snake. After shooting lock slide back, run bore snake through barrel, reload. A glock has one of the best coatings on their barrel and slide, no other gun comes close to their coating. My last g23 jammed on me 3 times in one mag and 2 more times on the second mag. Yes they do jam. I had one old guy say a glock was the best gun made cause you could fire it under water, great tip to remember, you know I like to carry while I swim.
Now i sit around and dream of my next 1911, what kind will I buy, or will I have one custom built. I don't sit around and dream of a glock. Just my thoughts.

Old 11-07-2011, 02:00 PM   #23

Liked 72 Times on 46 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobel1up
I have owned 6 glocks, 3 G23, 2 G27, 1G26 and a G21. Notice I said owned, I have owned a SA mil spec, kick myself every time I think of that day I sold it. I now have a Kimber and won't part with it. I carry my sig p239, and my Kimber on a regular basis.
Now if you want a throw around gun that needs little care, buy a glock and a bore snake. After shooting lock slide back, run bore snake through barrel, reload. A glock has one of the best coatings on their barrel and slide, no other gun comes close to their coating. My last g23 jammed on me 3 times in one mag and 2 more times on the second mag. Yes they do jam. I had one old guy say a glock was the best gun made cause you could fire it under water, great tip to remember, you know I like to carry while I swim.
Now i sit around and dream of my next 1911, what kind will I buy, or will I have one custom built. I don't sit around and dream of a glock. Just my thoughts.
You say you have owned 6.... But you just listed 7.....

Signing out, Alpha1victor.

Old 11-07-2011, 08:07 PM   #24
ET1

Quote:
Originally Posted by gollygee View Post
Two different platforms, although g***k copied some ideas from the 1911. It's like which is better, an apple or an orange?
Whoa! I'm glad I read through the comments before I pressed the submit button. That was my exact comment...almost. I own several Glocks & now 2 1911s. I didn't understand the fascination with the 1911 platform until I shot my neighbors then I was hooked. I looked around and ended up with a Springer Range Officer. Love it. My wife bought a Taurus pt1911 after she shot mine. I saw on this forum where someone bought the Taurus & posted a good write-up on it.

These 1911s are totally different guns than the Glocks that I own. The comment about 1911s having soul is true. When you hold them you can feel their history. You know that there is somthing special about them. When you hold one of my Glocks you feel plastic. Someone said Glocks are tools, that's what they feel like when you pick them up (ok, maybe 2x4s). 1911s look and feel like pieces of art, even the Taurus versions. Yes, some art is better than others, but there is always someone out there to appreciate it.

If Springfield, Taurus or even Glock offered a plastic 1911, would you buy it? Would it be worth buying? A Glock holds more ammo, is more likely to shoot HP & other ammo reliably when dirty & neglected. Why would anybody even want a plastic 1911? The old school 1911s, with the same materials, construction & features that were first designed by John Browning, are desirable because they are the same handgun that our forefathers carried for the last 100 years into battle to protect us from evil (well, 70 anyway before they turned to Beretta). Glocks have been around 20 some odd years and are tools for police and we police wanna-bees (No, I didn't just go there?) Just saying...

Old 11-07-2011, 10:15 PM   #25

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Original post deleted by Mod
You should be ashamed.... My sister is mentally handicapped and competes. Crazy thing is that she could probably be in the REAL Olympics. How would you feel if your sibling or child was handicapped and they were belittled? Watch your mouth next time...

"Adjust your DOPE Sergeant! No! Not the pills in your pocket, idiot! That stuff that lets you hit your target Sunshine!"

"Sua Sponte"

The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his. General George Patton

Last edited by c3shooter; 11-07-2011 at 10:31 PM.

Old 11-07-2011, 10:57 PM   #26

Liked 1012 Times on 607 Posts
Likes Given: 16

I guess i missed the comment

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

Old 11-07-2011, 11:43 PM   #27
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 714 Times on 431 Posts
Likes Given: 860

Heck, even Yugo sold cars... (LOL, that always spins someone up... )

"I am prepared are you?" -- Shade

"Regulation, registration, confiscation, domination, that's the Progressive agenda." -- RED Caddy

Old 11-07-2011, 11:45 PM   #28
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

There are men and there are boys; the 1911 was made for the men...

"Regulation, registration, confiscation, domination, that's the Progressive agenda." -- RED Caddy

Old 11-07-2011, 11:47 PM   #29
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

BTW, I am just having a little fun guys, no need to get all puffy chested.

Old 11-08-2011, 12:04 AM   #30

Liked 128 Times on 106 Posts
Likes Given: 246

I missed it to.....