Update on my STI Elektra....
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > Update on my STI Elektra....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2012, 04:10 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Default Update on my STI Elektra....

I said I would check back here after I got the chance to run some rounds through it so I just wanted to let you know that I spent the whole day today doing just that. I really am loving it so far. The recoil is minimal compared to what I was expecting, very easy to handle. Tight, tight groups and best of all...not one single FTF, misfire or FTE! I took your advice and ran the test with WWB (which I found on sale too!). Awesome day and so far....awesome firearm. There is one thing I am not too sure if I really like or not yet...but it will be an easy fix if I decide to change it...although I don't plan on changing a thing until I spend a lot more time with it. It has Trijicon sites but it's a 2 dot vs a 3 dot...and I am just not sure about. It might just be something that will take a little time getting used to. Anyway, I just wanted to thank everyone again for the advice and give ya an update!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-09-2012, 04:19 AM   #2
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21585 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlsOfFire View Post
I said I would check back here after I got the chance to run some rounds through it so I just wanted to let you know that I spent the whole day today doing just that. I really am loving it so far. The recoil is minimal compared to what I was expecting, very easy to handle. Tight, tight groups and best of all...not one single FTF, misfire or FTE! I took your advice and ran the test with WWB (which I found on sale too!). Awesome day and so far....awesome firearm. There is one thing I am not too sure if I really like or not yet...but it will be an easy fix if I decide to change it...although I don't plan on changing a thing until I spend a lot more time with it. It has Trijicon sites but it's a 2 dot vs a 3 dot...and I am just not sure about. It might just be something that will take a little time getting used to. Anyway, I just wanted to thank everyone again for the advice and give ya an update!
if that's the only thing that is not to your liking, that is an easy change. just get the sight changed for one that suits your needs. check out Brownell's or MidwayUSA and look for a sight that is what suits you. i use both on a regular basis and their prices are good, fast shipping and very good customer service.
Old 07-09-2012, 04:24 AM   #3

Liked 1419 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

I think your idea of continuing to shoot it until you are thoroughly familiar with the gun is the best path to follow.

Who knows, you may start to like the sights. Once you know for sure they need to go, like axxe said, it's an easy change.

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello
GirlsOfFire Likes This 
Old 07-09-2012, 09:36 PM   #4

Liked 930 Times on 495 Posts
Likes Given: 674

Congrats on a great pistol. STI makes wonderful guns. I've shot several and never heard a complaint on one from anybody as far as jams and such. Shooters connection is about 1/2 mile from the house and those guys all shoot STIs.

USMC 74-78

GirlsOfFire Likes This