Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   1911 Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/)
-   -   Unexpected 1911 (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/unexpected-1911-a-25780/)

NGIB 04-08-2010 12:00 AM

Unexpected 1911

1 Attachment(s)
A good friend is having some medical expense and was forced to sell his beloved 1911. He had it advertised on a local forum and finally dropped the price to a point where it was a real bargain. No takers, so I called him and said I'd take it as I didn't want him to take a bigger loss out of desperation. This one started life as a Springer Mil-Spec and had all Ed Brown & Wilson Combat parts fitted by the best 1911 gunsmith in Savannah. The dovetails were cut in the slide and Novak sights installed and a match barrel was fitted.

I shot this gun a month or so ago and it is a real tack driver. I gave him his asking price of $750 and I actually felt bad as I know he had nearly twice that invested - but my gun budget is/was shot and he is thankful for the immediate cash...

Dillinger 04-08-2010 12:06 AM

While not for me personally, that is a hell of a nice piece and I can respect what he had done.

Good looking out for your buddy there Dave. *respect*

JD

orangello 04-08-2010 12:09 AM

[drool drips onto the keys]
Could you post a pic of that magazine out of the firearm, please?

NGIB 04-08-2010 12:11 AM

He's a well known guy in my area as he works part time at a big gun store. Freaking pirates knew he needed money for doctor bills and he was being offered $400 to $500 cash - which sickens me. I'm not rich but dammit doesn't anyone try to do the right thing anymore?

NGIB 04-08-2010 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orangello (Post 266258)
[drool drips onto the keys]
Could you post a pic of that magazine out of the firearm, please?

Flat bottom mag in it, that's the fitted magwell you're seeing...

lonyaeger 04-08-2010 12:41 AM

Gawd....nice...how many 1911s is that for you now, Dave? If anyone is looking for a 1911 poster child, look no further than NGIB. The man has great knowledge, not to mention great taste!

Shihan 04-08-2010 12:47 AM

Gawd, you are like a Pistol Magnet.:D How many good deals have you gotten in the past Month? Very Nice.

NGIB 04-08-2010 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lonyaeger (Post 266274)
Gawd....nice...how many 1911s is that for you now, Dave? If anyone is looking for a 1911 poster child, look no further than NGIB. The man has great knowledge, not to mention great taste!

To damn many Lon, I'm up to 5 again and was intending to get down to 3. The real ironic part of this whole story is I sold him the Mil-Spec this was built from a few months ago. It saddens me to see deals like this everywhere as it means folks are hurting and there's no signs of the economy getting any better...

skullcrusher 04-08-2010 12:55 AM

If possible, why not shoot it a bit and then hold onto it. Maybe in a year or so, the guy might want it back. This could be a double right thing for you and him. Just sayin....:)

Slawth 04-08-2010 02:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skullcrusher (Post 266286)
If possible, why not shoot it a bit and then hold onto it. Maybe in a year or so, the guy might want it back. This could be a double right thing for you and him. Just sayin....:)

Truth.

Best wished for your buddy's recovery NGIB. Tough times to be racking up medical bills.