Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > two random questions about my newest greatest tool

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2010, 05:00 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default two random questions about my newest greatest tool

hey yall i just got my first pistol (a high standard orginal colt .45) and i have two quick questions about it, i ordered a bca muzzle brake/ compensator and when i put it on i was trying to figure out, i know it replaces the front barrel bushing but does it also replace the piece that holds the return spring in as well? AND i was looking around on numrich gun parts and i found a 25 round drum clip and my other question is that really a bad idea? can i seriously burn up a barrel if i were to purchase and admittly go a little trigger happy next time i go to the gun range? thanks!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-15-2010, 10:56 AM   #2

Liked 21 Times on 7 Posts

Are you really serious?

The bushing compensators are for looks only and serve no real purpose. A High Standard is not a Colt although we can assume it's a GI pattern 1911. You'll be the star of your range sporting a drum magazine...

Old 03-15-2010, 12:10 PM   #3

Liked 32 Times on 27 Posts

*****faceplam*****

Old 03-15-2010, 12:29 PM   #4

Liked 15 Times on 13 Posts

I don't think there is any chance of "burning up" your barrel with 25rnds. of .45 ACP. Your recoil spring cap should work normally with the "bushing" compensator, although, as pointed out, it is not really that benficial to the pistol.

There are some things you might want to spend your money on that will benefit. Sights, reliable magazines, grips, ammunition, etc.

Old 03-15-2010, 12:38 PM   #5

Liked 1406 Times on 805 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 03-15-2010, 03:36 PM   #6

Liked 761 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 456

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
*****faceplam*****

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 03-15-2010, 03:39 PM   #7

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts

Holy Facepalm.

[IMG][/IMG]

"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms like NASCAR drivers so we could identify their corporate sponsors."

Old 03-15-2010, 04:49 PM   #8

Liked 26 Times on 21 Posts

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 03-15-2010, 09:21 PM   #9

yea ngib i only had to ask because while im not new to shooting guns or owning them im not really one to putting any modifications which im starting to do now and im just making sure im doing things right bc id rather not **** up my gun or me haha but the reason why im putting it on is while like you said it doesnt really do much performance wise it does make it look good but to everyone else, ur comments made me sit here and laugh my ass off to let yall know my next pay check i get will be going towards said mag and the pay check after that will be going for a stock i found so ill pretty much have a colt carbine if not following the rules of the zombie apocalypse OR my general rules of gun owning then just the fact to make it look bitching here are the links if anyone else is liking the idea Drum Magazine, .45 ACP, 25 Round, Polymer for the mag or Stock w/ Hardware Installed, Replacement - Walnut Board Stock for the stock

Old 03-16-2010, 01:35 PM   #10

Liked 21 Times on 7 Posts

If you're going to hang on a stock on a pistol - be sure to let the ATF know. They are fans of folks "building" short barreled rifles. Be sure to post a lot of pix...