Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   1911 Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/)
-   -   two questions. (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/two-questions-81358/)

potentialglock 01-15-2013 03:22 AM

two questions.
 
So on my Remington r1 I am hoping to trade out the spring and plug for a full length guide rod. Is this possible? Also I noticed that while my trigger is crisp and clean it has some wiggle. Is this normal? Possible to fix it without replacing trigger?

danf_fl 01-15-2013 01:06 PM

Normal cleaning procedures to swap out the spring and plug.

Need more info on "trigger wiggle". Up / Down? Left / Right? Fore / Aft? How much?

HOSSFLY 01-15-2013 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danf_fl (Post 1094463)
Normal cleaning procedures to swap out the spring and plug.

Need more info on "trigger wiggle". Up / Down? Left / Right? Fore / Aft? How much?

Agree ^^^^ Really shud not be any noticeable play in the trigger-
BUT is there a specific reason for wanting a FLGR? Its not going to help with any issues or improve anything---

potentialglock 01-15-2013 01:16 PM

Easier to strip.....that why I want the FLGR. No noticeable creep when hammer is cocked. But just when practicing drawing from holster with hammer down I noticed the trigger wiggles back and forth.....and a little left and right and maybe a little up and down. It all seems minor I just want to male sure its normal and not a sign of future problems?

HOSSFLY 01-15-2013 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by potentialglock (Post 1094475)
Easier to strip.....that why I want the FLGR. No noticeable creep when hammer is cocked. But just when practicing drawing from holster with hammer down I noticed the trigger wiggles back and forth.....and a little left and right and maybe a little up and down. It all seems minor I just want to male sure its normal and not a sign of future problems?

Understand about the reason on FLGR- Have one myself :cool:
Personaly i would not worry on the trigger---
Shoot that puppy ;)

potentialglock 01-15-2013 01:36 PM

Oh I've shot it.....but now I have no ammo for it except 40 HPs which are "use only when necessary ammo"

HOSSFLY 01-15-2013 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by potentialglock (Post 1094491)
Oh I've shot it.....but now I have no ammo for it except 40 HPs which are "use only when necessary ammo"

Sucks dont it :(
I have "plenty" but still looked at several places online yesterday & only found some high dollar mostly 20rd boxes of stuff -

potentialglock 01-15-2013 01:56 PM

So what's gonna happen if online sales are banned? Where will I find my 5.45x39??

HOSSFLY 01-15-2013 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by potentialglock (Post 1094516)
So what's gonna happen if online sales are banned? Where will I find my 5.45x39??

If you have local sources that stocked it "before" it'll be back-
If not then-----------------------------------:confused:
You can always reload--

potentialglock 01-15-2013 02:17 PM

I can't find the bullets for them! Plus I bought steel cased ammo. I don't have any brass yet


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:15 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.