Trigger lengths

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > Trigger lengths

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2009, 10:12 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 22 Times on 7 Posts

Default Trigger lengths

Never really payed much attention until I got my Colt but there are 3 basic trigger lengths on 1911s. My Colt came with the "long" version and the Springer & Norinco both have "short" triggers, my Kimber is a "medium". Did some playing around yesterday and decided that the long triggers work best for me for a natural grip and the proper amount of finger on the trigger.

Spent some time on Brownells yesterday (and a few other sites) looking for decent long triggers. The vast majority of long adjustable triggers I found were either polished or brushed aluminum - and I really wanted a darker finish. At Fusion I found these listed at the link and they look pretty good so I ordered a few of them. Surprisingly, I got a "shipped" email from them yesterday...

Trigger - Match Grade Black K, Combat Series

Here's the Colt with a "bright" trigger (the stock trigger was the same length), I think it will look much better with the anodized Fusion trigger and I'll post an after pic when it's installed...

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-24-2009, 10:59 AM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 22 Times on 7 Posts

Here's the Mil-Spec with a short factory trigger and you can see the difference (roughly 1/4 inch). This one is also getting one of the new triggers...