Trigger
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum >

Trigger

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2014, 06:24 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default Trigger

Have a question. Has anyone installed and used what they call a flat trigger? I have looked at a Wilson combat and a 10-8 flat trigger. Just wondering how good they are and wondering if they are any better then a curved trigger.

Glock73

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-27-2014, 06:37 PM   #2
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3475 Times on 1991 Posts
Likes Given: 1524

The concept of different length triggers is to help the shooter obtain a comfortable trigger position for their finger. Having a flat surface helps to extend the trigger a tad more.

I have found that the medium length trigger works best for me, and I have not tried the flat trigger.

Some of the "fads" used to upgrade the 1911 are not worth it. Some "fads" are worth their weight in gold.
But they still offer a way to make your 1911 yours.

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 06-27-2014, 06:41 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 838 Times on 526 Posts
Likes Given: 257

I fitted a flat trigger to my CZ,75/SPO1 I fitted one to change the handgun to single action, the trigger to do that happened to be flat, I like it.

Last edited by manta; 06-27-2014 at 06:46 PM.

Old 06-30-2014, 04:57 PM   #4

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I used both the curved and flat triggers. The flat trigger seems to have a love/hate relationship with people. One nice feature with the flat trigger is that it can be pulled from anywhere on the face. So, if your hand sits low and your finger would prefer to be low (or high), it works better than a curved one. The length you need needs to match too.

I really like it, and may change out my others for a flat.
Old 06-30-2014, 05:13 PM   #5
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22310 Times on 12476 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

comes down to personal preference in what works for an individual.

thats said, i have tried only one, and can't say i cared for it.

of course, after using curved triggers on guns for over 40 years, it's probably hard to convince myself that they will work better for me.

only thing i can say, is try it out for yourself. it may be what works great for you.
CallMaker Likes This 
Old 06-30-2014, 09:16 PM   #6

Liked 986 Times on 527 Posts
Likes Given: 796

Quote:
Originally Posted by danf_fl View Post
Having a flat surface helps to extend the trigger a tad more.
Totally and completely wrong. The center of a curved trigger is the same as the entire flat trigger. THEY ARE NOT LONGER. I put them on all my carry guns because because in a stressful situation I want the trigger to feel the same no matter where my finger lands. I promise they are not a fad and are growing in popularity. They make them in long, medium and if you will give Joe Chambers a call he makes a few runs of short flat triggers every year if you like short triggers.

Old 06-30-2014, 09:22 PM   #7

OOPS double post.

Last edited by limbkiller; 06-30-2014 at 09:54 PM.

Old 07-01-2014, 09:40 AM   #8
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3475 Times on 1991 Posts
Likes Given: 1524

Quote:
Originally Posted by limbkiller View Post
Totally and completely wrong. The center of a curved trigger is the same as the entire flat trigger. THEY ARE NOT LONGER. I put them on all my carry guns because because in a stressful situation I want the trigger to feel the same no matter where my finger lands. I promise they are not a fad and are growing in popularity. They make them in long, medium and if you will give Joe Chambers a call he makes a few runs of short flat triggers every year if you like short triggers.
You are correct that they provide the same pull no matter where the finger lands. But most commercial triggers are longer in the middle where the finger normally lands with a curved.

One could take almost any trigger and grind the curve out.

The key is to find which length works best for the individual.

Another option is the Caspian Trik Trigger.
http://www.brownells.com/handgun-parts/trigger-group-parts/index.htm?avs%7cMake_3=1911&f_a=13

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 07-01-2014, 05:46 PM   #9

But most commercial triggers are longer in the middle where the finger normally lands with a curved.

No they are not. If you take a long flat trigger and grind the standard trigger curve in it you will have a medium trigger. The entire face of a flat trigger is the same as the short point of a curved trigger. And the Caspian Trik trigger is pretty cool and I have one on my GSG. The edges are a little rough and some sand them just a tad to smooth that out.

Trigger - 1911 Forum

Ruger with a custom flat trigger I carry in the winter at times.

Trigger - 1911 Forum

Last edited by limbkiller; 07-01-2014 at 05:48 PM.