Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   1911 Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/)
-   -   Trade question.......advise needed please!!!! (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/trade-question-advise-needed-please-46980/)

eborden1122 08-17-2011 12:25 PM

Trade question.......advise needed please!!!!
 
I am going to trade today my beretta 96fs inox 40cal and my taurus pt 99 ss 9mm. Both of them are almost new in that i have owned them less than 6 months and have only shot them a couple of times. I want to trade them for a springer that i have seen there or another kimber. Im having a hard time choosing as i have never had a springer or i could get another kimber or even a sig or colt if i see one i like. What would you do? Thanks, Ed

canebrake 08-17-2011 12:36 PM

You have two look-alike firearms that I would never consider owning and are thinking about trading them for my favorite handgun, the 1911?

My advice?

In a heartbeat!

Hey, you asked. (Read my siggy below.)

eborden1122 08-17-2011 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canebrake (Post 564729)
You have two look-alike firearms that I would never consider owning and are thinking about trading them for my favorite handgun, the 1911?

My advice?

In a heartbeat!

Hey, you asked. (Read my siggy below.)

Hey Cane, my question is not whether to do the trade because I am. But as a collection question which brand 1911 should i go for. Currently i have two colts, two sig 1911's, one kimber and no springers. So what would be a better piece to add to my collection of 1911's?

JonM 08-17-2011 01:05 PM

Springfields are as close to colt as you can get without the horsey emblem. Springfirld frames are made on colt machinery in brazil. Very high quality.

canebrake 08-17-2011 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eborden1122 (Post 564733)
Hey Cane, my question is not whether to do the trade because I am. But as a collection question which brand 1911 should i go for. Currently i have two colts, two sig 1911's, one kimber and no springers. So what would be a better piece to add to my collection of 1911's?

My canned response is Colt, but you've got the T-shirt so........................

I suggest you add a Springer.

I do have a Remington R1, nice basic 1911.

I am adding the COLT TIER III ANNIVERSARY to my collection.

I also have an Ithaca M1911A1 my dad carried from Normandy to Dachau 1944-45 so the new Ithaca 1911's hold some interest to me albeit a tad pricey. :eek:

eborden1122 08-17-2011 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canebrake (Post 564744)
My canned response is Colt, but you've got the T-shirt so........................

I suggest you add a Springer.

I do have a Remington R1, nice basic 1911.

I am adding the COLT TIER III ANNIVERSARY to my collection.

I also have an Ithaca M1911A1 my dad carried from Normandy to Dachau 1944-45 so the new Ithaca 1911's hold some interest to me albeit a tad pricey. :eek:


I have the same Remington 1911 and a Taurus PT 1911. The Springer was my first choice since i did not have one bit I wanted to get some opinions on what would be better to round out my collection. Thanks,Ed

Gojubrian 08-17-2011 02:06 PM

I'd go for the Springer based on what you already own....which I'm highly jealous of anyway!! :D

AznZOhAn 08-17-2011 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gojubrian
I'd go for the Springer based on what you already own....which I'm highly jealous of anyway!! :D

SA for sure. Quick question, how do you like the sig 1911s. I recently found out Texas state police swat uses sig 1911.

CA357 08-17-2011 07:38 PM

I can highly recommend an SA Mil Spec or if you want a beavertail and some other goodies, go for a Loaded. The new Range Officer looks pretty good too if you want adjustable sights.

AznZOhAn 08-17-2011 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canebrake
You have two look-alike firearms that I would never consider owning and are thinking about trading them for my favorite handgun, the 1911?

My advice?

In a heartbeat!

Hey, you asked. (Read my siggy below.)

The beretta inox should get a good return on a good note, so he should be able to get a nice 1911(operator or TRP).


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:32 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.