Ticked off.. - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > Ticked off..

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2011, 03:58 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

You might see this, attach from camera and send
image-2096282730.jpg  

Old 08-20-2011, 04:38 AM   #22

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I've always thought of Kimber's as way too over hyped, i mean my guy at Gander spouted off some cheese ball line like "You don't buy a Kimber.... you INVEST in a Kimber" and all i could do is laugh haha.

Do the Springer's everywhere justice and destroy Kimber boy's ego Hell if not for Springer's do it for yourself! I always get irritated by guys that feel the need to talk down to ya cuz they think their brand is superior

"Guns don't kill people.......People kill people"

Old 08-20-2011, 04:40 AM   #23

Exactly. Enough said right there zombie

Old 08-20-2011, 04:46 AM   #24

Liked 69 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 117

Yeah, while looking at 1911s a while back before committing to buy. I was at Cabellas as they guy there told me that the Springers were crap. I finished handling the guns I was looking at and told him to have a nice day.

I don't let people with ****ty opinions let me get all worked up. It's a benefit to you. It lets you know you shouldn't waste any more time talking to this person.

Old 08-20-2011, 05:02 AM   #25

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polygon View Post
Yeah, while looking at 1911s a while back before committing to buy. I was at Cabellas as they guy there told me that the Springers were crap. I finished handling the guns I was looking at and told him to have a nice day.

I don't let people with ****ty opinions let me get all worked up. It's a benefit to you. It lets you know you shouldn't waste any more time talking to this person.
The guy i talk to is a really great guy, he never flat out trashes a gun, hell he's never given me negative feedback on any gun to be honest. Alot of the times i go in there just to kill time cuz he just loves to pull all sorts of guns out of the case haha. Very knowledgable too just found that little quote hilarious

"Guns don't kill people.......People kill people"

Old 08-20-2011, 05:04 AM   #26

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

I agree with guys, most a holes at gun shops unless they know you, try to sell you what they like or want. I'm no expert but no amateur either, I know what I want and if I have questions, I'll ask here for advice and then make my own mind up.

My favorite times at the range is when some wise butt tells me "you should try this Kimber or this STI" then my SA, Colt, or even my Glock shut them up. So far the best was about 10 years and 20,000 rounds ago in my stock 2nd gen G23 against a nicely equipt $1,200.00 Kimber, he said he is getting a refund the next day and buying G23 for $500.00.

Old 08-20-2011, 09:34 AM   #27
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3369 Times on 1929 Posts
Likes Given: 1430

Be cool. His razzing could affect your shooting, even if subconsciously.

Remember that you are establishing a mark for yourself when you go to a competition that you will try to better the following week. His harassment will try work on you, but don't let it. You are not competing against him, but yourself.

Just go out and have fun, and tell us how you shoot.

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 08-20-2011, 11:45 AM   #28

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Kimber's are NOT "high end" 1911's, but imo they are good guns. I don't think they are better than Springfield's though. They both have their nicer and lower guns for the market and range about the same price.

Tell him to go piss up a rope.

Old 08-20-2011, 12:22 PM   #29

Liked 3 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMTchad View Post
Today, the guy that works at the range carries a Kimber 45, he tells me that my SA 1911 .45 loaded model is not a high end 1911. I told him that I believe it's pretty up there competitively and he disagreed. I'm going to have a shooting competition with him next week. I already shoot grape fruit size groups at 15 yards and only have been shooting hand guns for 2 months. Once or twice a week. I will destroy him after I practice this weekend.
My SA LOADED outshoots the Kimbers I have owned. I'd wouldn't consider it "high end" pricewise, but I'd consider it "high-end" performance wise. My SA LOADED is JUST AS ACCURATE as the Les Baer I bought a few years ago, and oh by the way, has been MORE reliable too.

So...tell the Kimber packer to pound sand, then thrash him soundly!

Old 08-20-2011, 12:26 PM   #30

Liked 2182 Times on 1472 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Well, after readin all 3 pages all i'll add is good luck