Firearm & Gun Forum -

Firearm & Gun Forum - (
-   1911 Forum (
-   -   Is there any service that i can mail in a Parkerized Trigger,Hammer&Strut (

CAMCHAMPION1988 12-16-2011 06:19 AM

Is there any service that i can mail in a Parkerized Trigger,Hammer&Strut
Hi i have a 1911 (Parkerized Trigger,Hammer and Hammer Strut) That i was trying to remove the parker but i did ****ty. However I was Successful at removing the parker finish from the Barrel it is beautiful and it seams like the slide functions more smoothly now.

I tried polishing off the parker finish on the Trigger,Hammer and Hammer Strut it didn't seem to come off at all. So then i got some very coarse all the way to very very fine sand paper to sand off the finish and i got so far i even tried aircraft paint stripper DID ABSOLUTELY NOTHING I COULD NOT BELIEVE IT THIS STUFF I USED TO REMOVE PAINT OFF SOME WHEELS A FEW YEARS BACK. But anyways i gave up on sanding and polishing it looks very crappy and it seems like the remainder will not come off.
So i was wondering since there is no machine shops near me at all i researched online and yellow pages. I was wondering if there was any type of service where i could mail in the (parker Trigger,Hammer and Hammer Strut) and have the parker finish removed and polish the parts to a mirror shine?????

I know there are refinishing service like to get glock parts refinished in chrome and such so there has to be. This is my ''Do What Ever I Want To Project Gun''

trip286 12-16-2011 06:34 AM

Do you think it may be more efficient to buy new ones?

I don't know of a mail in service myself.

CAMCHAMPION1988 12-16-2011 07:10 AM

More Expensive to buy new ones
I already did my research and i cannot find any Stainless Steel Trigger, hammers with Struts the Oldschool Widespur is what i am looking for not that skeletonized crap. I also have searched online all over for a Solid Stainless Steel Trigger not the Skeletonized Crap.

Yes i have thought and searched online for but there seems to be no maker of these parts in the style and finish i am seeking. So i guess i will just have to get the parker finish removed and have the carbon steel polished to a mirror shine instead.

danf_fl 12-16-2011 09:23 AM

Of course you looked at World's Largest Supplier of Gun Parts, Gunsmith Tools & Shooting Accessories - Brownells or Sarco, Inc., Firearms, Firearms Parts and Accessories

mtbfarms 12-16-2011 11:39 AM

Freedom Gunworks or Plate-tecular.

BillM 12-16-2011 12:22 PM

I'm a little confused here. AFAIK, you can NOT parkerize stainless steel.
So if you get the parkerizing polished off, you will have shiny carbon
steel parts.

But you say that what you want is stainless steel parts????:confused:

trip286 12-16-2011 12:25 PM

Polished carbon will have the same appearance as stainless right? I think the OP touched on that in his last post.

JonM 12-16-2011 01:20 PM

Cylinder and slide makes what your looking for as well.

MrWray 12-16-2011 03:00 PM

Check out Brownells...

MrWray 12-16-2011 03:05 PM


Stainless steel wide spur hammer item#555-103-122DH

Cylinder and slide solid aluminum match trigger

Item# 206-000-024DH "short"
Item# 206-000-025DH "medium"
Item# 206-000-026DH "long"

All times are GMT. The time now is 03:45 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.