Thanks Guys - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > Thanks Guys

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2013, 05:54 AM   #11
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 21997 Times on 12402 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

to all the newer owners of 1911's. thank you for the compliments. much appreciated. many of us "older" 1911 owners and shooters, enjoy passing that passion on to newer shooters of the platform. we enjoy sharing our knowledge of that platform. but also remember this forum is about the sharing of knowledge and opinions. we learn from the newer shooters as well. we can't know every 1911 ever made. we don't own and shoot every 1911 ever made. so when a newer one comes along and someone else buys it an learns about it, it's pro's and con's, we learn from them as well.

i myself have been involved with the 1911 platform for over 25 years. compared to some of the others, i sometimes still feel like a newbie! as an older 1911 owner and shooter i have my own opinions about them and things i like and don't like. me, i am more of a traditionalist. the closer to the original Colt 1911 a copy is, the happier i am. i enjoy learning about 1911's, i enjoy owning and shooting them, and i enjoy working on them. but most of all, i am happy to share that which i have learned, with any new and eager owner of a 1911, that knowledge and passion.

i want to extend my own thank you to the older and wiser 1911 owners and shooters. i have learned much from these guys and someday i will be passing on that which i have learned from them. thank you again, to all of you, new and old, for allowing me to be part of the 1911 brotherhood.

Old 04-03-2013, 02:47 PM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 757 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 477

Quote:
Thanks Guys
Just wanted to start a thread here that will allow people to thank certain individuals for sharing their insight and knowledge with other individuals such as myself. So thanks to HOSS, Cane, Axxe, and anyone else who has shared info, insight and or tips/links in my search of making my first 1911 my own custom tool. Thanks guys.

A good idea. Strengthens community.
Old 04-03-2013, 05:20 PM   #13

Liked 84 Times on 66 Posts

I'd like to thank all the forementioned members of this forum for helping me select my Colt Lightweight Commander.I absolutely love it now if I can just get out to shoot it.I should be able to get out with it this weekend.:-)