Taurus or Springfield Armory? - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > Taurus or Springfield Armory?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2012, 08:45 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1424 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuba View Post
real condescending, act like a moderator will you
OK, bye-bye

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 04-19-2012, 08:47 PM   #22

Liked 22 Times on 22 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuba
Lighten up man, cane probably has more handgun experience than any 2 people here . Just be happy you've got a gun YOU'RE satisfied with

Old 04-19-2012, 08:53 PM   #23

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

This is why I made this topic. I know both manufactures sell plenty of firearms but I've heard to many stories of Taurus failing in quality control and customer service (not just from this forum, from MANY forums). When I was buying my first pistol I considered the Taurus 24/7 but after some research I didn't not want to take a chance in reliability. So I saved up a little more money an went with Glock. I wanted to carry something reliable and not something that might not feed or eject right. I knew I would never buy a taurus polymer gun. I do own a Taurus 85 and I like it for a drawer gun that my wife can pick up and shoot if she has to.

I think one major item that is keeping Taurus running are the quality revolvers and a few of their low priced polymer frames. It's too bad that their 1911's have problems or that would be the one I choose for my first 1911.

Old 04-19-2012, 08:57 PM   #24

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuba
Lmao, wouldn't it have just been easier to spell it out?

Real condescending, now use your administrative tools which I have no defense against to remove me from the forum, will you?

I will never get why people **** with mods.

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Benjamin Franklin

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Old 04-19-2012, 09:11 PM   #25

Liked 183 Times on 109 Posts
Likes Given: 103

I really don't know why people get all wadded up on forums. Grrrr!

I don't believe canebrake is the final say (firearm wise) but he's pretty dam close from what I've seen on the screen. A little colt lopsided but that's hardly a flaw.

Spend the extra cash and get the springer. If you ever have a problem their CS makes Taurus look mighty Bush League.

Old 04-19-2012, 09:21 PM   #26

Liked 1424 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd_ View Post
Lmao, wouldn't it have just been easier to spell it out?

Real condescending, now use your administrative tools which I have no defense against to remove me from the forum, will you?

I will never get why people **** with mods.
It's called Darwinism Todd.

darwin.jpg  

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 04-19-2012, 09:43 PM   #27

Liked 360 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 167

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuba View Post
This is actually a moderate tone coming from Cane. Tell him a Taurus is better than a Colt and see what you get.....lol

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.

Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.

Old 04-19-2012, 10:26 PM   #28

Liked 959 Times on 511 Posts
Likes Given: 741

See any Taurus in here? Sure you do and that is the reason I made my statement. I don't comment in threads that I don't know something about.

USMC 74-78

Old 04-19-2012, 10:31 PM   #29

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by limbkiller
See any Taurus in here? Sure you do and that is the reason I made my statement. I don't comment in threads that I don't know something about.
What's the one on the top row fourth from the left?

Old 04-19-2012, 10:39 PM   #30
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21997 Times on 12402 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

i see that with buying a Taurus that from what i gather here and other places, it's hit or miss as to whether you get one that will work as intended. i guess i got lucky with the Taurus Tracker 44 i traded for a few years ago, but it has been woking just fine and if it ever fails to perform as i expect it to, then it will be sold or traded. yes, IMO as far as a 1911 pistol, i think the Springfield is a much better option. i have owned several Taurus's over the years, and maybe i have been lucky, or maybe the quality was much better years ago, i don't know, but with what i read from reviews and past experiances with them from the last few years, i am not sure that i would ever buy a new one.

i have a SA Loaded Micro Compact 45, that loves anything i shoot through it, with no problems. the only changes i made was to replace the small slide release with an extended one and changed the thumb safety to a single sided one. this isn't the first SA 1911 i have owned, and it sure won't be the last one either. SA makes very good 1911 pistols and some of the best in their price range. IMO, worth ever penny spent!