Taurus pt 1911 ar good or bad? - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > Taurus pt 1911 ar good or bad?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2012, 07:25 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2765 Times on 1246 Posts
Likes Given: 2663

Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake View Post
Did you join the FTF to learn......or just defend Taurus?

I have spent years listening to Taurus sob stories AND "I love them" comments. Trust me, the sob stories far outnumber the fan boys by a magnitude.

The members come here for information. It's my job to make sure that this knowledge transfer reflects the FTF established knowledge base.

IN MY OPINION, Taurus is just short of junk. When they drop to junk level, they will go out of business. The only Taurus selling point I ever hear about is their price. I think this reinforces the old saying, "You get what you pay for!"

You Taurus supporters must be exhausted. I think a more efficient use of that energy would be better spent calling/writing/emailing them to clean up their reputation.

I will never own/recommend a Taurus. There are far better firearm options available to our members. I refuse to participate in a purchase lottery that may result in a failure at the moment of zero defect tolerance. (read: A PD action)

I'd say you aren't listening very closely. So far on this thread the positives out weigh the negatives. The only negatives have come from people who don't own one.
Old 11-01-2012, 08:26 PM   #32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3098 Times on 1552 Posts
Likes Given: 383

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd3282 View Post
I'd say you aren't listening very closely. So far on this thread the positives out weigh the negatives. The only negatives have come from people who don't own one.
One need not drive a Yugo to know you don't want one.
NRA Life Member

Liberals are constantly telling us about the poor and oppressed in this country. With that in mind, why do they feel the need to keep importing poor people from other countries?

Old 11-01-2012, 08:39 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overkill0084 View Post
One need not drive a Yugo to know you don't want one.

Hey if you're happy about spending three times the money on a gun that doesn't work out of the box and is picky about magazines and bullet shapes go for it. I'm not trying to compensate for a small penis so I don't need to spend the big bucks for a pretty gun.
Old 11-01-2012, 09:59 PM   #34

Liked 480 Times on 329 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd3282

Hey if you're happy about spending three times the money on a gun that doesn't work out of the box and is picky about magazines and bullet shapes go for it. I'm not trying to compensate for a small penis so I don't need to spend the big bucks for a pretty gun.
Excuses. I buy heirlooms not door stops.

Old 11-01-2012, 10:43 PM   #35

Liked 61 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartwatkins View Post
This sums it all up.......

[IMG]http://i425.photobucket.com/albums/pp333/bartwatkins_photo/aw_jeez_not_this_****_again1.jpg[/IMG]

BW you can't use sh1t in your photo's title.

How's this?

Thanks Cane!

Old 11-01-2012, 11:23 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacticalfun View Post
Excuses. I buy heirlooms not door stops.

I buy guns to shoot them. If you want to look at something go to an art museum.
Old 11-01-2012, 11:30 PM   #37
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3098 Times on 1552 Posts
Likes Given: 383

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd3282 View Post
So you gave up attempting to compensate, congrats. Glad you're learning to live with it.

Taurus may be any number of things, but "Bargain" ain't one of them ($600+.) I believe I was quite clear before before you made this about your junk There are plenty of other better choices in the price range or slightly more. Why spend 600+ for a Brazilian problem child when Ruger & Remington are only a bit more. That's assuming that you're too good to shoot one of the ARMSCOR pistols for $400 to $500.
NRA Life Member

Liberals are constantly telling us about the poor and oppressed in this country. With that in mind, why do they feel the need to keep importing poor people from other countries?

Old 11-02-2012, 01:49 AM   #38
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21997 Times on 12402 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

for what a Taurus 1911 costs, the Armscors RIA and the MetroArms American Classic pistols are much better in quality and function. given the price of the Taurus, yes there are much better choices to be made. sad part to me is that Taurus could make a top notch 1911 if they wanted to. the biggest problem i see is quality control. i can remember when Taurus made a quality pistol that didn't cost and arm and a leg and were really a good bargain. if they would step up their QC and make sure that only quality made firearms were being made available to consumers, at an attractive price, they would get a larger share of the market.

Old 11-02-2012, 02:07 AM   #39

Liked 22 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overkill0084 View Post
So you gave up attempting to compensate, congrats. Glad you're learning to live with it.

Taurus may be any number of things, but "Bargain" ain't one of them ($600+.) I believe I was quite clear before before you made this about your junk There are plenty of other better choices in the price range or slightly more. Why spend 600+ for a Brazilian problem child when Ruger & Remington are only a bit more. That's assuming that you're too good to shoot one of the ARMSCOR pistols for $400 to $500.
Almost sounds like your raciest or something maybe thats the whole crux of the hating, by the way whats so bad about Brazil ? the way I understand it Taurus is the third largest gun manufacturer in the world and a leader in MIM technology and by looking at their catalog they have the largest assortment of firearms then any other manufacturer that I know of, you can sit hear and say that they're junk all you want, but just because you say so doesn't make it so, they produce a pistol that just works, and in the PT1911 case, a 1911 that is feature laden, made of quality steel and at a price that can't be beat by your favorit 1911 manufacturer, coupled with a stellar customer service that will send out replacement part after your 1911 has a large round count, with no questions asked, owning a PT1911 is owning a functional gun forever, as far as the bad outweighing the good, I don't know were some of you are getting your information, but you got your information backward, of all the 1911 the least 1911 with problems is the PT1911, just go to a Kimber, Colt or STI forum and you will truly see some 1911 issues, any production 1911 will have its quirks but the PT1911 sure is the least of them, just visit a Taurus forum and you'll see, wait thats like telling the devil to go to the Arctic, or telling a raciest to go to Brazil, roger will call over and out.

shoot safe, shoot straight, and have fun

Old 11-02-2012, 02:13 AM   #40

Liked 480 Times on 329 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuba

Almost sounds like your raciest or something maybe thats the whole crux of the hating, by the way whats so bad about Brazil ? the way I understand it Taurus is the third largest gun manufacturer in the world and a leader in MIM technology and by looking at their catalog they have the largest assortment of firearms then any other manufacturer that I know of, you can sit hear and say that they're junk all you want, but just because you say so doesn't make it so, they produce a pistol that just works, and in the PT1911 case, a 1911 that is feature laden, made of quality steel and at a price that can't be beat by your favorit 1911 manufacturer, coupled with a stellar customer service that will send out replacement part after your 1911 has a large round count, with no questions asked, owning a PT1911 is owning a functional gun forever, as far as the bad outweighing the good, I don't know were some of you are getting your information, but you got your information backward, of all the 1911 the least 1911 with problems is the PT1911, just go to a Kimber, Colt or STI forum and you will truly see some 1911 issues, any production 1911 will have its quirks but the PT1911 sure is the least of them, just visit a Taurus forum and you'll see, wait thats like telling the devil to go to the Arctic, or telling a raciest to go to Brazil, roger will call over and out.

shoot safe, shoot straight, and have fun
Youre insane.

Closed Thread