Taurus pt 1911 ar good or bad? - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > Taurus pt 1911 ar good or bad?

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2012, 07:25 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lima,Ohio
Posts: 3,093
Liked 2765 Times on 1246 Posts
Likes Given: 2663

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake View Post
Did you join the FTF to learn......or just defend Taurus?

I have spent years listening to Taurus sob stories AND "I love them" comments. Trust me, the sob stories far outnumber the fan boys by a magnitude.

The members come here for information. It's my job to make sure that this knowledge transfer reflects the FTF established knowledge base.

IN MY OPINION, Taurus is just short of junk. When they drop to junk level, they will go out of business. The only Taurus selling point I ever hear about is their price. I think this reinforces the old saying, "You get what you pay for!"

You Taurus supporters must be exhausted. I think a more efficient use of that energy would be better spent calling/writing/emailing them to clean up their reputation.

I will never own/recommend a Taurus. There are far better firearm options available to our members. I refuse to participate in a purchase lottery that may result in a failure at the moment of zero defect tolerance. (read: A PD action)

I'd say you aren't listening very closely. So far on this thread the positives out weigh the negatives. The only negatives have come from people who don't own one.
__________________
rjd3282 is offline  
cuba Likes This 
Old 11-01-2012, 08:26 PM   #32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Overkill0084's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Weber County, Utah
Posts: 4,554
Liked 3098 Times on 1552 Posts
Likes Given: 383

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd3282 View Post
I'd say you aren't listening very closely. So far on this thread the positives out weigh the negatives. The only negatives have come from people who don't own one.
One need not drive a Yugo to know you don't want one.
__________________
Cheers,
Greg
MSgt, USAF, Retired
NRA Life Member

Liberals are constantly telling us about the poor and oppressed in this country. With that in mind, why do they feel the need to keep importing poor people from other countries?
Overkill0084 is offline  
 
Old 11-01-2012, 08:39 PM   #33
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lima,Ohio
Posts: 3,093
Liked 2765 Times on 1246 Posts
Likes Given: 2663

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overkill0084 View Post
One need not drive a Yugo to know you don't want one.


Hey if you're happy about spending three times the money on a gun that doesn't work out of the box and is picky about magazines and bullet shapes go for it. I'm not trying to compensate for a small penis so I don't need to spend the big bucks for a pretty gun.
__________________
rjd3282 is offline  
2
People Like This 
Old 11-01-2012, 09:59 PM   #34
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
tacticalfun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,224
Liked 480 Times on 329 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd3282

Hey if you're happy about spending three times the money on a gun that doesn't work out of the box and is picky about magazines and bullet shapes go for it. I'm not trying to compensate for a small penis so I don't need to spend the big bucks for a pretty gun.
Excuses. I buy heirlooms not door stops.
__________________
tacticalfun is offline  
 
Old 11-01-2012, 10:43 PM   #35
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
bartwatkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Birmingham,AL
Posts: 465
Liked 61 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 57

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartwatkins View Post
This sums it all up.......

[IMG]http://i425.photobucket.com/albums/pp333/bartwatkins_photo/aw_jeez_not_this_****_again1.jpg[/IMG]

BW you can't use sh1t in your photo's title.

How's this?

Thanks Cane!
__________________
bartwatkins is offline  
 
Old 11-01-2012, 11:23 PM   #36
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lima,Ohio
Posts: 3,093
Liked 2765 Times on 1246 Posts
Likes Given: 2663

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacticalfun View Post
Excuses. I buy heirlooms not door stops.


I buy guns to shoot them. If you want to look at something go to an art museum.
__________________
rjd3282 is offline  
cuba Likes This 
Old 11-01-2012, 11:30 PM   #37
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Overkill0084's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Weber County, Utah
Posts: 4,554
Liked 3098 Times on 1552 Posts
Likes Given: 383

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd3282 View Post
Hey if you're happy about spending three times the money on a gun that doesn't work out of the box and is picky about magazines and bullet shapes go for it. I'm not trying to compensate for a small penis so I don't need to spend the big bucks for a pretty gun.
So you gave up attempting to compensate, congrats. Glad you're learning to live with it.

Taurus may be any number of things, but "Bargain" ain't one of them ($600+.) I believe I was quite clear before before you made this about your junk There are plenty of other better choices in the price range or slightly more. Why spend 600+ for a Brazilian problem child when Ruger & Remington are only a bit more. That's assuming that you're too good to shoot one of the ARMSCOR pistols for $400 to $500.
__________________
Cheers,
Greg
MSgt, USAF, Retired
NRA Life Member

Liberals are constantly telling us about the poor and oppressed in this country. With that in mind, why do they feel the need to keep importing poor people from other countries?
Overkill0084 is offline  
 
Old 11-02-2012, 01:49 AM   #38
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 28,709
Liked 21997 Times on 12402 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Default

for what a Taurus 1911 costs, the Armscors RIA and the MetroArms American Classic pistols are much better in quality and function. given the price of the Taurus, yes there are much better choices to be made. sad part to me is that Taurus could make a top notch 1911 if they wanted to. the biggest problem i see is quality control. i can remember when Taurus made a quality pistol that didn't cost and arm and a leg and were really a good bargain. if they would step up their QC and make sure that only quality made firearms were being made available to consumers, at an attractive price, they would get a larger share of the market.

__________________
Axxe55 is offline  
 
Old 11-02-2012, 02:07 AM   #39
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
cuba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Lake Placid - 33852,Florida
Posts: 197
Liked 22 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overkill0084 View Post
So you gave up attempting to compensate, congrats. Glad you're learning to live with it.

Taurus may be any number of things, but "Bargain" ain't one of them ($600+.) I believe I was quite clear before before you made this about your junk There are plenty of other better choices in the price range or slightly more. Why spend 600+ for a Brazilian problem child when Ruger & Remington are only a bit more. That's assuming that you're too good to shoot one of the ARMSCOR pistols for $400 to $500.
Almost sounds like your raciest or something maybe thats the whole crux of the hating, by the way whats so bad about Brazil ? the way I understand it Taurus is the third largest gun manufacturer in the world and a leader in MIM technology and by looking at their catalog they have the largest assortment of firearms then any other manufacturer that I know of, you can sit hear and say that they're junk all you want, but just because you say so doesn't make it so, they produce a pistol that just works, and in the PT1911 case, a 1911 that is feature laden, made of quality steel and at a price that can't be beat by your favorit 1911 manufacturer, coupled with a stellar customer service that will send out replacement part after your 1911 has a large round count, with no questions asked, owning a PT1911 is owning a functional gun forever, as far as the bad outweighing the good, I don't know were some of you are getting your information, but you got your information backward, of all the 1911 the least 1911 with problems is the PT1911, just go to a Kimber, Colt or STI forum and you will truly see some 1911 issues, any production 1911 will have its quirks but the PT1911 sure is the least of them, just visit a Taurus forum and you'll see, wait thats like telling the devil to go to the Arctic, or telling a raciest to go to Brazil, roger will call over and out.

shoot safe, shoot straight, and have fun
__________________
cuba is offline  
 
Old 11-02-2012, 02:13 AM   #40
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
tacticalfun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,224
Liked 480 Times on 329 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuba

Almost sounds like your raciest or something maybe thats the whole crux of the hating, by the way whats so bad about Brazil ? the way I understand it Taurus is the third largest gun manufacturer in the world and a leader in MIM technology and by looking at their catalog they have the largest assortment of firearms then any other manufacturer that I know of, you can sit hear and say that they're junk all you want, but just because you say so doesn't make it so, they produce a pistol that just works, and in the PT1911 case, a 1911 that is feature laden, made of quality steel and at a price that can't be beat by your favorit 1911 manufacturer, coupled with a stellar customer service that will send out replacement part after your 1911 has a large round count, with no questions asked, owning a PT1911 is owning a functional gun forever, as far as the bad outweighing the good, I don't know were some of you are getting your information, but you got your information backward, of all the 1911 the least 1911 with problems is the PT1911, just go to a Kimber, Colt or STI forum and you will truly see some 1911 issues, any production 1911 will have its quirks but the PT1911 sure is the least of them, just visit a Taurus forum and you'll see, wait thats like telling the devil to go to the Arctic, or telling a raciest to go to Brazil, roger will call over and out.

shoot safe, shoot straight, and have fun
Youre insane.
__________________
tacticalfun is offline  
 
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Taurus 1911 or Rock Island 1911?? cfraga1978 1911 Forum 12 04-06-2012 05:04 AM
Is the Taurus 24/7 a good pistol? paulauster Semi-Auto Handguns 38 01-30-2012 08:30 PM
Good magazines for Taurus 24/7 OSS? hlspud General Handgun Discussion 8 10-10-2011 03:50 PM
taurus pt100 vs other taurus 1911 sizes?? trstncmpbll 1911 Forum 5 10-23-2010 08:26 AM
Taurus 1911 in CA! kimbermylove 1911 Forum 16 12-26-2009 04:11 PM