Taurus pt 1911 ar good or bad? - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > Taurus pt 1911 ar good or bad?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2012, 01:56 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

I love my pt1911 - price was great and functions fantastic. Never had any issues with it and it does have many of the same specs as higher priced 1911s.

Old 11-01-2012, 02:27 AM   #22

Liked 480 Times on 329 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dionysus03
I love my pt1911 - price was great and functions fantastic. Never had any issues with it and it does have many of the same specs as higher priced 1911s.
And what features might those be?

Old 11-01-2012, 02:43 AM   #23

Liked 259 Times on 179 Posts
Likes Given: 366

Incredible..... all this arguing and the word glock wasn't even uttered once anywhere in this thread ???

Old 11-01-2012, 11:35 AM   #24

Liked 60 Times on 45 Posts
Likes Given: 57

This sums it all up.......

BW you can't use sh1t in your photo's title.

How's this?

aw_jeez_not_this_sh1t_again1.jpg  

Last edited by bartwatkins; 11-02-2012 at 12:34 AM.

Old 11-01-2012, 11:38 AM   #25

Liked 60 Times on 45 Posts
Likes Given: 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartwatkins
This sums it all up.......
Aw man, not sure what is wrong with my pic link, but it would have been funny.......

Old 11-01-2012, 11:40 AM   #26

Liked 32 Times on 18 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake

ryguy00

Buying a Taurus is like buying a lottery ticket. If you win......you're happy, but if not, you're stuck with dealing with their customer service department. A warranty is only as good as the CS.
Well that may have been true back in the 70's but i really think taurus has stepped up their quality. Ive owned and shot a handful of taurus pistols and even though i dont particularly like them, i have to be honest and say that none of the ones ive had/shot have ever failed in any way. Are they in the tier of $800+ dollar firearms? No. But they are some good workhorses capable of running in the glock, xd, etc pack. And remember, this is brutal honesty from someone who doesnt like them.
Old 11-01-2012, 11:53 AM   #27

Liked 1419 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryguy00 View Post
Well that may have been true back in the 70's but i really think taurus has stepped up their quality. Ive owned and shot a handful of taurus pistols and even though i dont particularly like them, i have to be honest and say that none of the ones ive had/shot have ever failed in any way. Are they in the tier of $800+ dollar firearms? No. But they are some good workhorses capable of running in the glock, xd, etc pack. And remember, this is brutal honesty from someone who doesnt like them.
Did you join the FTF to learn......or just defend Taurus?

I have spent years listening to Taurus sob stories AND "I love them" comments. Trust me, the sob stories far outnumber the fan boys by a magnitude.

The members come here for information. It's my job to make sure that this knowledge transfer reflects the FTF established knowledge base.

IN MY OPINION, Taurus is just short of junk. When they drop to junk level, they will go out of business. The only Taurus selling point I ever hear about is their price. I think this reinforces the old saying, "You get what you pay for!"

You Taurus supporters must be exhausted. I think a more efficient use of that energy would be better spent calling/writing/emailing them to clean up their reputation.

I will never own/recommend a Taurus. There are far better firearm options available to our members. I refuse to participate in a purchase lottery that may result in a failure at the moment of zero defect tolerance. (read: A PD action)

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Last edited by canebrake; 11-01-2012 at 12:16 PM.
axxe55 Likes This 
Old 11-01-2012, 02:44 PM   #28

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

tacticalfun - I should have phrase it better. The Taurus comes with most of the same features and upgrades as the Kimbers do. Though they are cheaper priced. As far as I've seen from my pt and friends Kimbers they are equally accurate and reliable.

Old 11-01-2012, 03:18 PM   #29

Liked 32 Times on 18 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake

Did you join the FTF to learn......or just defend Taurus?

I have spent years listening to Taurus sob stories AND "I love them" comments. Trust me, the sob stories far outnumber the fan boys by a magnitude.

The members come here for information. It's my job to make sure that this knowledge transfer reflects the FTF established knowledge base.

IN MY OPINION, Taurus is just short of junk. When they drop to junk level, they will go out of business. The only Taurus selling point I ever hear about is their price. I think this reinforces the old saying, "You get what you pay for!"

You Taurus supporters must be exhausted. I think a more efficient use of that energy would be better spent calling/writing/emailing them to clean up their reputation.

I will never own/recommend a Taurus. There are far better firearm options available to our members. I refuse to participate in a purchase lottery that may result in a failure at the moment of zero defect tolerance. (read: A PD action)
I dont consider myself a taurus defender. In every category, there is something better to be had than a taurus for a similar price. I know what firearms i own and i also know im spoiled by them. I wont own another taurus, but that is a personal preference thing, not because they dont work. Im merely pointing out that the quality control issues that have destroyed taurus's reputation dont seem to be as abundant in recent years. I think theyve stepped up their game. Ive seen some of your gun pics and understand that you are spoiled by higher quality (just like me). And im not trying to convince you to buy a taurus. But i really think you owe it to yourself to get your hands on a few modern taurus guns to shoot. You might be surprised (like i was) and realize that although we have outstanding firearms for everything else already, we need reliable truck guns too. I dont have too many guns in my safe that i can depend on AND feel comfortable having the crap beat out of it.
Old 11-01-2012, 03:27 PM   #30
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2826 Times on 1404 Posts
Likes Given: 292

1. Near $800 for a Taurus is theft unless there are extras thrown in. For that kind of money, you should at least get some lube, for both the gun and yourself.
2. Taurus QC sucks. I own a Taurus revolver. Yes it's functional. I don't really care for the level of finish quality and the gawdawful DA trigger. Consider, for another $80 to $90, I could have had a S&W.
3. For "less that $800," there are any number of better options. Ruger, Remington & Springfield being some of the better choices. For a bit more, you're into Colt territory. I'm no Kimber fan, but yeah, you're way too close to lower end Kimber territory to settle for a Taurus.
4. Considering that due to the devaluation of the dollar, Taurus ain't the screaming deal it used to be, why even bother anymore? Decent quality, cheaper, better CS, I'd rather have a Rock Island than a Taurus.
YMMV.

NRA Life Member

"We've replaced what was an exceptional country with a tolerant country. " Greg Gutfeld
People Like This 
Closed Thread