Taurus pt 1911 ar good or bad?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > Taurus pt 1911 ar good or bad?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2012, 02:34 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Taurus pt 1911 ar good or bad?

Looking to buy my first 1911 im looking at the Taurus in stainless full size and it feels and looks great like a high end 1911 but at under $800!! Any feed back on this pistol would be great

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-31-2012, 03:23 PM   #2

Liked 22 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyv98 View Post
Looking to buy my first 1911 I'm looking at the Taurus in stainless full size and it feels and looks great like a high end 1911 but at under $800!! Any feed back on this pistol would be great
I would highly recommend it, it has a Hammer forged barrel, slide, and frame, comes with about all the upgrades that the higher end 1911 have, it also comes with a great trigger feel (3 1/2 pound average) and a life time warranty, virtually you will have a functional 1911 for ever or until Taurus goes out of business, I've had my PT1911 stainless since 2008 and have about 19K rounds through it, I smooth and polished all the channels and rubbing surfaces about every 3K round intervals, and have not found any excessive wear on the fire control MIM parts when inspected through magnification, I am personally satisfied with my PT1911, you should be able to buy the PT1911 for under $700, now Let the Taurus PT1911 hating begin.

shoot safe, shoot straight, and have fun

Last edited by cuba; 10-31-2012 at 03:27 PM.
racer_x Likes This 
Old 10-31-2012, 03:34 PM   #3

Liked 284 Times on 229 Posts
Likes Given: 1249

No hating here lol I love mine i got the stainless too. Ive had mine a bit over a year. Ive had 2 failure to load my fault not pulling the slide hard enough. Other then that no hiccups. Ive run mayb 2k rounds through it all winchester white box fmj, jhps

Old 10-31-2012, 04:39 PM   #4

Liked 32 Times on 18 Posts

I spent some range time with one and have nothing negative to say about them. But that price is way too high. for that price, you could buy a brand new kimber custom II. Actually, ive seen the kimbers going for 700 new. Shop around or youre gonna get hosed. Www.gunbroker.com.

Old 10-31-2012, 04:49 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryguy00 View Post
I spent some range time with one and have nothing negative to say about them. But that price is way too high. for that price, you could buy a brand new kimber custom II. Actually, Ive seen the kimbers going for 700 new. Shop around or you're gonna get hosed. Www.gunbroker.com.
And can you elaborate in your opinion what would make the Kimber better ? it sure doesn't have the warranty the PT1911 has, and it is said that you have to spend $300 worth of ammo before calling it reliable.

Old 10-31-2012, 04:51 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1054 Times on 645 Posts
Likes Given: 460

Have owned mine for over a year and have really enjoyed. Black and gray 2 tone with locking paddle holster and matching 2 clip paddle for 699 at cabelas. Great trigger, IMO

If It Were Easy, They Would Not Call It Work, And Everyone Would Do It

cuba Likes This 
Old 10-31-2012, 08:37 PM   #7

Liked 32 Times on 18 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuba

And can you elaborate in your opinion what would make the Kimber better ? it sure doesn't have the warranty the PT1911 has, and it is said that you have to spend $300 worth of ammo before calling it reliable.

Fit and finish on my kimber is better. Sights are better although that is personal preference. Looks are better. Kimber doesnt have the key lock on the frame (which i hate) Performance is equal. Kimber is less expensive to purchase in this case. Kimber will hold higher resale value than taurus. And as for reliability and trust, the same should be done with EVERY gun regardless of manufacturer and most state a specific break in period right in the owners manual so i wont consider that a pro or con to either gun. Warranty? I would rather have a gun that works, than have a "good warranty". If its broke, kimber will fix it and theyre right here in the us. Taurus has to be sent back to south america. Have fun with that. Either way, both manufacturers stand behind their products. I wont consider this as a pro or con for either again.

These are two very good firearms in question, dont get me wrong. But when it comes down to the bottom line in this situation, kimber wins hands down. I bought a taurus 1911 for $480 out the door brand new. That changed the game a little for me. But for $800, leave the taurus on the shelf.

Last edited by ryguy00; 10-31-2012 at 08:40 PM.

Old 10-31-2012, 09:12 PM   #8

Quote:
Fit and finish on my kimber is better. Sights are better although that is personal preference. Looks are better. Kimber doesnt have the key lock on the frame (which i hate) Performance is equal. Kimber is less expensive to purchase in this case. Kimber will hold higher resale value than taurus. And as for reliability and trust, the same should be done with EVERY gun regardless of manufacturer and most state a specific break in period right in the owners manual so i wont consider that a pro or con to either gun. Warranty? I would rather have a gun that works, than have a "good warranty". If its broke, kimber will fix it and theyre right here in the us. Taurus has to be sent back to south america. Have fun with that. Either way, both manufacturers stand behind their products. I wont consider this as a pro or con for either again.

These are two very good firearms in question, dont get me wrong. But when it comes down to the bottom line in this situation, kimber wins hands down. I bought a taurus 1911 for $480 out the door brand new. That changed the game a little for me. But for $800, leave the taurus on the shelf.

Old 10-31-2012, 09:21 PM   #9

Liked 1424 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Quote:

ryguy00

Buying a Taurus is like buying a lottery ticket. If you win......you're happy, but if not, you're stuck with dealing with their customer service department. A warranty is only as good as the CS.

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello
axxe55 Likes This 
Old 10-31-2012, 09:47 PM   #10

And there off, bias rumors an innuendos and the hating begins.

Closed Thread