Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   1911 Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/)
-   -   Taurus 1911 Stainless (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/taurus-1911-stainless-18638/)

funnyrunner 09-29-2009 01:30 AM

Taurus 1911 Stainless

Just ordered one and can't wait to try it out. Will send a review after I've put a few hundred rounds thru it next week. All the gun mags are praising it so we'll see. Wish my Steyr GB came in .45!!!
My 9mm hollowpoint might expand but the .45 slug will never shrink!

Gojubrian 09-29-2009 02:47 AM

Shot my friends railed Taurus 1911SS last week. I'ts a great shooter!

My cousin bought one and the front sight fell off.....

funnyrunner 09-29-2009 03:37 AM

Bummer

Hoping for better luck here. Will let ya know after I try it out.
Thanks for the reply.

canebrake 09-30-2009 12:51 AM

Looking forward to your photos and range report.

Gojubrian 09-30-2009 02:31 AM

I'm looking forward to the report as well. For the price the taurus 1911 is a great deal!

funnyrunner 09-30-2009 01:00 PM

I sure hope so. All the reviews praise it. Had a Springfield Armory Compact once and it truly was a horrible pistol to shoot. Only time it didn't stovepipe was when it had failures to feed. Shot low all the time too! I was glad to get rid of that critter.

NGIB 09-30-2009 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by funnyrunner (Post 167969)
All the reviews praise it.

Please take all magazine reviews with an entire shaker of salt. I have never seen a review say anything negative about anything. Perhaps that is related to the amount of advertising $$$ the manufacturers spend? Taurus likes buying lots of full page spreads in the gun mags - just saying...

funnyrunner 09-30-2009 01:21 PM

I fully understand that kind sir. But some of the forum posts I have read also praise it. We'll see when it comes in and I run the 400 rounds thru it I have waiting.

I have heard that the Taurus mags are "some good, some bad" but I have 3 new Chip McCormick 8 rd mags to put in it. Also heard that the ambi safety is not so good and have a new STI left hand safety to replace that with. Otherwise it's supposed to be a great gun.

I'll let ya know soon as I try it out myself.

There used to be a gun review mag that bought their own guns for review and gave pretty god reviews since they were not beholdin' to any maker. Anyone remember the name of that magazine perchance?

NGIB 09-30-2009 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by funnyrunner (Post 167980)
I fully understand that kind sir. But some of the forum posts I have read also praise it. We'll see when it comes in and I run the 400 rounds thru it I have waiting. I'll be sure and let you know.

I've had 2 of them and both performed OK, I'm sure yours will be just fine. Taurus likes to load up their guns with shipping grease so be sure to really clean it before the first range visit...

DogRanger 10-01-2009 01:52 AM

I just won one last week at my local range, $20 ticket.Put about 170 rounds through it with out a problem. Good luck. I read good and bad on other forums. I'm hoping Taurus has the bugs worked out and the newer guns are good to go.