Taurus 1911 in CA! - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum >

Taurus 1911 in CA!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2009, 12:53 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Having given my Colt 1911A1 to my son I was in the market for an 1911. I looked at all of them and includeing the Wilson, etc but I can not afford unless I win the Lottery.

I The Taurus 1911 has as "standard" what you would have to pay to get on a 'customized' 1911. The trigger is smooth, NO creep, and breaks sharply like the perverbal sheet of glass. The ejection port has been lowered and 'relieved', the mag well has been relieved to aid insertion of a magazine, Commander style hammer, checkered front and back straps, custom trigger, the slide to the frame is TIGHT, no rattle here. Match barrel. I think it's nice to have the frame, slide, and barrel all stamped with the serial number :>)
I have the stainless steel model and the polish is so good that I thought it had to be nicket plated but NO, it's SS. Quality screams out of it when you look at it.

This Taurus is so far superior in every aspect that IMO no other 1911 can compare at that price. Yes you can pay more and get a 1911 with the features of the Taurus 1911 but WHY??? Save you money and buy 45ACP ammo
Jim

Old 12-20-2009, 02:35 AM   #12

hehe yup, FL has awesome weather too, but it's got humidity, bbbooo!! and the hurricane season is every year, thus it's called SEASON. CA hasnt had a major earthquake since I've been in the U.S.

Old 12-20-2009, 02:38 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Soldier View Post
Having given my Colt 1911A1 to my son I was in the market for an 1911. I looked at all of them and includeing the Wilson, etc but I can not afford unless I win the Lottery.

I The Taurus 1911 has as "standard" what you would have to pay to get on a 'customized' 1911. The trigger is smooth, NO creep, and breaks sharply like the perverbal sheet of glass. The ejection port has been lowered and 'relieved', the mag well has been relieved to aid insertion of a magazine, Commander style hammer, checkered front and back straps, custom trigger, the slide to the frame is TIGHT, no rattle here. Match barrel. I think it's nice to have the frame, slide, and barrel all stamped with the serial number :>)
I have the stainless steel model and the polish is so good that I thought it had to be nicket plated but NO, it's SS. Quality screams out of it when you look at it.

This Taurus is so far superior in every aspect that IMO no other 1911 can compare at that price. Yes you can pay more and get a 1911 with the features of the Taurus 1911 but WHY??? Save you money and buy 45ACP ammo
Jim
haha you're making me jealous!!!

Old 12-20-2009, 02:13 PM   #14

I forgot to mention dual safeties so you can shoot strong or weak hand. I also have a BERSA 380 and both of the guns are made in Argentina and I think the quality can't be beat at the price. I don't understand how they can put out such quality at such a low price???
Jim

Old 12-24-2009, 02:08 AM   #15

Likes Given: 2

Default California

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimbermylove View Post
But the weather's so NNNIIICCEEEE!!!
And the food in prison is free.

However, living in Illinois, with our gun restictions and Chicago politicians and lousy weather to boot, I suppose I should not too harshly criticize California.

See if the low end 1911's from Springfield Armory are on the list. These, like Taurus, are made in Brazil and are about the same price and seem to be decdent pistols.

Good luck with your hunt.

Old 12-26-2009, 02:23 PM   #16

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Don't let anyone tell you a Taurus 1911 isn't worth the money. The naysayers to the PT1911 have probably not handled one. I have many 1911's and the Taurus is as good and/or better than most. I don't care for the straight-eight sights but that is easily rectified. Mine is blued and without the accessory rail but that is what I chose. There was no break-in required of the Taurus unlike others and it has functioned perfectly since day one......approx 1000 rounds ago.

Check out my newest addition to our 1911 family......
kimber-1911.jpg  

Old 12-26-2009, 03:11 PM   #17

I took my new Taurus 1911 to the range two days ago and was wll pleased with the results. I fired about 500 lead 230 gr bullets thru 'her' and never had a stove pipe, fail to eject, etc.. She was right on as far as elevation but had to drift the rear sight a small amount to the right. I love the no creep trigger. You never feel any thing till it 'breaks' just like a sheet of glass. I am very happy with my purchase.
Jim