Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   1911 Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/)
-   -   taurus 1911 (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/taurus-1911-a-51520/)

aztman 11-10-2011 05:26 AM

taurus 1911

on sale at bass pro any opinions?

DrumJunkie 11-10-2011 05:52 AM

I've bought a couple of them. One a stainless that I have here and a blued one I gave as a gift. They are pretty nice pistols. Bang for the buck they are pretty good deals. Some used to have troubles with the ambi safety getting loose but I've not heard any recent issues like that so I'm thinking it might have been solved(?). I've put untold thousands of rounds through one I have here and it's held up as well as some higher dollar pistols I have. Being it is a 1911 and I like to do all my own work to them I figured that if something did happen I'd just take care if it myself. So far I've yet to have any issues at all.

I'm not so much a Taurus fan as I am a 1911 fiend. I wanted to check out the PT1911 so I got one. So far I have nothing bad to say about it and it's been some years now.

Oh..I will add that they use those Heinie straight 8 sights. Some people don't like them but I have always liked them. It' just seems easier to stack two than line up three.

rjd3282 11-10-2011 08:27 AM

Mine has always worked perfectly. Feeds everything. Very accurate. What else could you ask for.

spittinfire 11-10-2011 11:00 AM

While I haven't owned one personally I have handled them and was rather pleased with the fit and finish for the money. I'm not a taurus fan at all but I've heard a lot of good things about their 1911s.

There is a guy who has been here for a while with a couple of posts, I think he has one.

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/huh-dillinger-taurus-38656/

Yunus 11-10-2011 11:32 AM

I have one and love it. It was inexpensive and has never had a problem.

griffin81 11-10-2011 12:09 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I traded my kimber pro carry II for a Taurus PT 1911 and have not had a issue yet it feeds everything and is really accurate. I liked the fit and finish of the kimber more but it jammed about every 3rd shot with every mag under the sun. Finally I got kimber to take it back and they had to replace the slide to a internal extractor instead of the external one that was on the gun so they replaced the whole slide. I put 150 rounds through it with out a problem after that. But I still had my doubts on the gun so I traded it.

Attachment 34921
From this kimber

Attachment 34922
To this Taurus and not a problem yet.

play the victim, be the victim

ultimate-soldier5 11-10-2011 10:36 PM

i have the pt1911ar love it!

HOSSFLY 11-11-2011 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by griffin81 (Post 624047)
I traded my kimber pro carry II for a Taurus PT 1911 and have not had a issue yet it feeds everything and is really accurate. I liked the fit and finish of the kimber more but it jammed about every 3rd shot with every mag under the sun. Finally I got kimber to take it back and they had to replace the slide to a internal extractor instead of the external one that was on the gun so they replaced the whole slide. I put 150 rounds through it with out a problem after that. But I still had my doubts on the gun so I traded it.

Attachment 34921
From this kimber

Attachment 34922
To this Taurus and not a problem yet.

play the victim, be the victim

Seriously :confused:

Dillinger 11-11-2011 01:38 AM

Thanks Spitty!

I traded for a Taurus, tuned it and now it's an EDC for a very good friend mine who goes by the online handle of B.B.

The Taurus, if not abused in use by a previous owner, is a great package for the price. I nukes the ambi safety and the proprietary hammer, but other than that it was stock when I refinished it. Oh, and a trigger job for street carry. 4.2# pull.

JD

Byron0022 12-22-2011 12:55 AM

Just bought one last week, not a issue at all. Ran about 4 boxes through it though.