Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   1911 Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/)
-   -   Sub compact .45 (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/sub-compact-45-a-96236/)

Powellwj 08-30-2013 03:23 AM

Sub compact .45
 
I Have to say, I just purchased a new Sig ultra comp .45 and it is awesome! 150 rds at the range and it has run flawlessly with all kinds of cheap ammo and the accuracy is extraordinary!!! If anyone is on the fence about which 3" 1911 to purchase my vote is for the Sig ultra compact!

KG7IL 08-30-2013 03:28 PM

How do you think it compares to other models, such as the
Kimber Ultra
S.A. Ultra compact
Para PDA
Para PXT
Para Warthog
Colt Defender
Springfield Micro Compact
Colt New Agent
STI Rouge
STI Escort

k9guy 08-30-2013 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Powellwj
I Have to say, I just purchased a new Sig ultra comp .45 and it is awesome! 150 rds at the range and it has run flawlessly with all kinds of cheap ammo and the accuracy is extraordinary!!! If anyone is on the fence about which 3" 1911 to purchase my vote is for the Sig ultra compact!

I like the springfield micro compact i have owned it a couple of years in shoots real nice and is very light

JW357 08-30-2013 07:15 PM

Congrats on the new gun.

Powellwj 09-01-2013 02:06 AM

I think the Sig is as close to perfect as it gets for a 3" .45, I have been to the range three different times without even a sign of a problem! I just don't hear anyone else having that kind of success with the small .45's. That my humble opinion! As for the accuracy.....it's incredible! I don't feel like I give up any accuracy vs the 5" inch barrels.

Powellwj 09-01-2013 02:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Powellwj
I think the Sig is as close to perfect as it gets for a 3" .45, I have been to the range three different times without even a sign of a problem! I just don't hear anyone else having that kind of success with the small .45's. That my humble opinion! As for the accuracy.....it's incredible! I don't feel like I give up any accuracy vs the 5" inch barrels.

The other big advantage I see with the Sig is the ease of field stripping and cleaning! It's just as easy as my full size 1911's, maybe even easier!

Axxe55 09-01-2013 02:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k9guy (Post 1351732)
I like the springfield micro compact i have owned it a couple of years in shoots real nice and is very light

Quote:

Originally Posted by Powellwj (Post 1353458)
I think the Sig is as close to perfect as it gets for a 3" .45, I have been to the range three different times without even a sign of a problem! I just don't hear anyone else having that kind of success with the small .45's. That my humble opinion! As for the accuracy.....it's incredible! I don't feel like I give up any accuracy vs the 5" inch barrels.

i have a SA Loaded Micro Compact 45 with the 3" barrel and have not yet had any problems with shooting it with all the factory ammo i have ued in it, or my own reloads. it also has amazing accuracy for such a short barreled pistol and truly amazed me at how accurate it was. at 10 yards it can consistently easily keep all rounds withing a 3-4" group if i do my part. it is probably much more accurate than i am.

now to be fair, Sig does make a quality firearm and i am pretty sure you will be very happy with yours in the long run. congrats on the newpistol and enjoy it.

BTW, what was the final cost of the Sig? just curious.

Powellwj 09-01-2013 02:25 AM

The final cost after FFL fee was $934 for the Ultra with the stainless slide and the G10 grips with the added mag well and two 7 rd mags.

Powellwj 09-01-2013 02:28 AM

I also like the SA micro .45, but I haven't seen any lately, do they still make them in .45?

Axxe55 09-01-2013 03:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Powellwj (Post 1353489)
I also like the SA micro .45, but I haven't seen any lately, do they still make them in .45?

yes they do as far as i know. i got mine about a year and half ago. they also make the EMP in 9mm and 40 which are very similiar type of 1911, just made for those cartridges.

$934 isn't bad at all. i paid $1299 for mine out the door after taxes. MSRP on mine was $1371 at the time. my LGS had ordered six of them but only recieved two of his order. i bought one of them. at the time i thought i wanted a small compact 1911 in 9mm and was looking ver hard at the EMP in 9mm he had, and he also had a Colt Defender in S/S and in 45 that i was looking at and considering. i just kept coming bact to the SA micro 45 for some reason! it kept calling my name and it felt great. so i bought it and have been very pleased with it so far. very accurate and totally reliable. the only changes i have made are an extended slide release lever and a changed it from an ambi safety to a single sided safety.


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:58 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.