Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   1911 Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/)
-   -   stupid question (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/stupid-question-70271/)

pagj17 08-14-2012 01:33 AM

stupid question
 
Can a standard "long" trigger work in a series 80 style( remington) pistol, or will I need to find a series 80 specific trigger?

danf_fl 08-14-2012 11:38 AM

The trigger does not matter unless you are talking about a Gold Cup.
Those are wider in the pad area.

pagj17 08-15-2012 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danf_fl
The trigger does not matter unless you are talking about a Gold Cup.
Those are wider in the pad area.

Thanks dan, wasn't sure:)

canebrake 08-18-2012 02:29 AM

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...1/R1Tux600.jpg

^ Before

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ngtonR1/r1.jpg

^ After...............next change is an arched MSH!

Here's my R1 with a "long trigger".

Best thing I've done to the Remington!

pagj17 08-18-2012 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canebrake

^ Before

^ After...............next change is an arched MSH!

Here's my R1 with a "long trigger".

Best thing I've done to the Remington!

Thanks! I have an sti long trigger in my ria, but first I'm going to try the R1 with the stock one I think.

Gonzilla 08-19-2012 09:29 PM

Arched MSH - wasn't that the A1 in the 1911A1 ?

Will it require "fitting" or drop in ? My gunsmith used to laugh when he heard some modification required.

pagj17 08-19-2012 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzilla
Arched MSH - wasn't that the A1 in the 1911A1 ?

Will it require "fitting" or drop in ? My gunsmith used to laugh when he heard some modification required.

It depends. With the msh it should be drop in but it may not be flush all around.

pagj17 08-19-2012 10:54 PM

Well, the trigger will need to be changed, also mounted pachmyer grips up today, and I put 150 rounds through yesterday. One failure to feed, technically a three point stoppage but that was 20 rounds in. I was consistantly low left, so I have an excuse to go shooting next saturday and work on trigger control. If I can't get the groups to center, i'll do a trigger swap.
Also really dig the safety, was going to swap my ria to an extended safety, but I've changed my mind, I'll just use a WW1 Style safety.


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:39 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.