Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   1911 Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/)
-   -   Stupid ideas (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/stupid-ideas-89249/)

Chase127 04-21-2013 04:37 AM

Stupid ideas

Just saw in a catalogue a double shoulder holster designed to hold 2 full size 1911 pistols one under each arm?Whose great idea was this? How do you conceal the fact you are toting an extra 6 lbs around you would have to be superman or the rock for that kind of rig what was this company thinking?

therewolf 04-21-2013 04:41 AM

It was thinking it could use people's stupidity

to fuel their profits.

Lot's of people see something like that, and order it,

and wear it, without thinking it through carefully.

Axxe55 04-21-2013 04:44 AM

lots of companies put out lots of useless or impractical products because some usually buys them and it makes money for that company. most companies are in it for the money and to make a profit.

kind of like how everybody and his grandmother go on the Zombie bandwagon. why? because it made money.

kytowboater 04-21-2013 05:07 AM

I could see it as a barbecue rig with some shiny ones hanging there. I'm a big fella, don't think the weight would bother me, but I also wouldn't try to conceal it. My dad has a leather vest that will hold two. Never would know it either.

DrumJunkie 04-21-2013 06:03 AM

People carry two guns all the time. It's just another way to do it. How many have a BUG?

I think it's all kind of silly to carry that kind of hardware unless you live in Compton but as long as Demand a Plan actors keep making shoot em ups to help finance more gun control people will make rigs like they see in movies and video games. Even though I am not as proponent of multi gun or in the I need 30+ rounds to go to Walmart crowd there are plenty that are. And that's another way to do it.

Donn 04-21-2013 12:09 PM

This rig was worn in two movies recently. Alec Baldwin wore one in The Shadow carrying long slide 1911's. Johnny Depp wore one as Dillinger in Public Enemies. People see something in the movies, they go looking for it the next day. If you're gonna carry two guns, aka a New York reload, what better back-up than another full sized 1911?

eatmydust 04-21-2013 12:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I agree, that holster is such a stupid idea, no one will ever part with their hard earned money for something that useless!

HOSSFLY 04-21-2013 12:42 PM

Bruce Willis swears by them :D

ZombieBrawler 04-21-2013 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HOSSFLY
Bruce Willis swears by them :D

As does the mall ninja....

limbkiller 04-21-2013 03:44 PM

I would find it very usefull. Have wanted one for a long time just haven't spent the money yet. I don't and won't shoot indoors. I take guns and some ammo and walk through the woods and fields for miles at times. Walk up and down creeks and shoot stuff I throw in, down hillsides and shoot at certain leaves, rocks etc..... I usually take 2-3 pistols, one in a holster, and the others in a pack with 150-400rds of ammo. A double shoulder holster would be just the ticket for my style of shooting.