Stuck in Ma..which 1911? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > Stuck in Ma..which 1911?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2008, 11:20 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Jeep you musta missed or have forgotten when Dukakis ran for President , they played a clip of when he was Governor of Massachusetts refusing to give a pardon to a man who shot an armed intruder in his home while his minor children were also in the home .

In the clip Dukakis bellows " But HE broke the LAW" which according to Mass is being a law abiding citizen in your home and daring to effectively defend yourself .

I swear I think if "The terrorists" nuked everything east of Virginia they would be doing us a huge favor .

Old 09-03-2008, 10:59 PM   #12

Well, Mass anyway..Nevermind the politics, the people suck too. NH, Maine and VT arent bad. Mass is a whole different universe...bizzaro world.

Anyway, Just was on Sig's website. No Mass Compliant 1911's...What the heck. Im running out of options. My buddy has a M&P series S&W that I fired. Pretty nice gun. Unfortunately, the 45 cal version of that gun isnt legal in Ma yet. I wanted a full steel gun anyway..but still a nice shooting gun... Especially for the price.

Take it easy.

Sean

Old 09-03-2008, 11:01 PM   #13

PS: That law in Ma has changed. Castle Law. Now you dont have to flee your home..just be damn sure the intruder is armed...or that there is only one side of the story to tell..either way.

Old 11-13-2008, 12:13 PM   #14

you should look up northeast trading and talk to ted he knows all about the laws he also has a very nice selection of 1911's wit double stack mags the other place would be american fire arms school the guys there stuff too i got alot of info about the preban stuff

Old 11-19-2008, 01:27 AM   #15

Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts

I hate MA too. Good thing I'm going to be a police officer so I can buy whatever I want. I think. They are so f*cking confusing, I don't even understand them.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Old 11-19-2008, 05:18 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnthmn2004 View Post
I hate MA too. Good thing I'm going to be a police officer so I can buy whatever I want. I think. They are so f*cking confusing, I don't even understand them.
If only that were true, the way it's set up is that your Department can purchase and issue certain weapons to you. You will get LEO deals, ie reduced prices, but you still have to follow the list for your own personal purchases.

PS: I am 5 minutes from NH too, once I am out of school I am out of this state!

Old 02-10-2009, 06:05 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaJeeper View Post
Hi all,

I live in Ma (I know..I know). Im very, very restricted on what handguns I can own. I would like to buy a 1911 style pistol. My choices are limited to certain makers/models. I can get a couple of Para's, Some S&W and a couple of Sigs.

I CANT get Kimber, Springfield, Colt, Glock, no customs like Les Baer, Nighthawk..etc. What manufacturer should I look to first. I know its a vague question, but I guess im just looking for recommendations to manufacturer. Thanks in advance.

Sean
Massachusetts

Actually I have been researching this myself for a while and you can purchase pretty much any 1911 as long as it is in the Republic of Massachusetts and someone is willing to sell it to you following the laws.... you can purchase from a private seller living in the state as long as you both have a valid gun license or from a FFL.

The roster lists do restrict what gunshops can sell within the state legally, but not for private owner to owner transfers, just gotta find what you want (I'm looking for a springfield or colt myself) on a forum, negotiate sale terms, fill out the necesary forms, and you're set.

Old 02-10-2009, 11:53 PM   #18

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Default Republic of Massachusetts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by usr007 View Post
Actually I have been researching this myself for a while and you can purchase pretty much any 1911 as long as it is in the Republic of Massachusetts and someone is willing to sell it to you following the laws.... you can purchase from a private seller living in the state as long as you both have a valid gun license or from a FFL.

The roster lists do restrict what gunshops can sell within the state legally, but not for private owner to owner transfers, just gotta find what you want (I'm looking for a springfield or colt myself) on a forum, negotiate sale terms, fill out the necesary forms, and you're set.
For the people of Mass., I guess you get what you VOTE for. Why have sane voters continued to put these Commies in (and back in) office?? How many terms has Ted Kenn. been voted back in , after he drowned that young gal, and just walked away from it? The SOB should have done HARD TIME for that.Again you get what you VOTE for!!

NRA Life MEMBER 1976

Old 02-11-2009, 12:04 AM   #19

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3478 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by BILLYBOB44 View Post
How many terms has Ted Kenn. been voted back in , after he drowned that young gal,
Her name was MARY JO KOPECHNE and she was 8 days shy of her 29th birthday.

I highly doubt her family has forgotten and I don't think we should either.

Ted Kennedy deserves all the pain that cancer, and Hell in the afterlife, will provide.

JD

Old 02-11-2009, 12:43 AM   #20

Liked 33 Times on 28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
Her name was MARY JO KOPECHNE and she was 8 days shy of her 29th birthday.

I highly doubt her family has forgotten and I don't think we should either.

Ted Kennedy deserves all the pain that cancer, and Hell in the afterlife, will provide.

JD
JD i have to give you a big thumbs up on that one. images.jpeg