Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   1911 Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/)
-   -   Struggling with a new 1911 choice - Sig or Kimber (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/struggling-new-1911-choice-sig-kimber-100418/)

Slick57 11-16-2013 11:29 PM

Struggling with a new 1911 choice - Sig or Kimber

After months of visits to local dealers and on-line reading, I've decided my next 1911 purchase will be a Kimber or Sig Sauer. Thoughts?

JW357 11-16-2013 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slick57
After months of visits to local dealers and on-line reading, I've decided my next 1911 purchase will be a Kimber or Sig Sauer. Thoughts?

I don't own either. However, Sig has a much less spottier reputation from what I've read. Also, Sig offers a lifetime warranty. Kimber only offers 1 year.

SSGN_Doc 11-16-2013 11:32 PM

I'm pretty anti-Kimber, so its an easy choice for me. I did like the original Kimbers before their II series guns.

I've liked every Sig I've shot or owned.

Slick57 11-16-2013 11:35 PM

Thanks

BTW SSGN Doc, although I've been out for many years - MM1(SS), fast attack sailor!

ctshooter 11-16-2013 11:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Slick57

Oh boy !!!!! Careful what you wish for!!!! There are many many Kimber haters on here. You are going to get a whole bunch of " for the money a Kimber costs why not just get a colt"

I personally have a Kimber 1911 and have had nothing but good luck with it. Accurate as hell, never had any failure to feeds, ejects, or any problems. I have well over 2000 rounds through it.

The sigs are great as well. Springfields are great. Colts are great. The S&W e series are really good as well.

If I were to buy a new colt it would be one of these

icallshotgun88 11-16-2013 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ctshooter
Oh boy !!!!! Careful what you wish for!!!! There are many many Kimber haters on here. You are going to get a whole bunch of " for the money a Kimber costs why not just get a colt" I personally have a Kimber 1911 and have had nothing but good luck with it. Accurate as hell, never had any failure to feeds, ejects, or any problems. I have well over 2000 rounds through it. The sigs are great as well. Springfields are great. Colts are great. The S&W e series are really good as well. If I were to buy a new colt it would be one of these

Ditto.
Colt Marine.
Like $2300 or something cray though.
That's one that'll stay on my wish list for a long time, unfortunately.

The Sig Sauer Scorpion is one I was seriously considering purchasing...looks are similar with half the price tag. But it's not a colt.

I'm considering buyin one of the 2 with my next tax return.

Gatoragn 11-16-2013 11:51 PM

In all likelihood, either should make you a fine shooter.

GunsGodAndCountry 11-17-2013 12:02 AM

Not to beat a dead horse, but Im not a huge Kimber fan either. I've shot a crimson carry (pretty sure that's the one) and it was okay, nothing memorable. I feel like if you're gonna drop that kind of cash on it, shooting it should be like sex. For me, it certainly wasn't.

ctshooter 11-17-2013 12:15 AM

See told you. Lol.

Gatoragn 11-17-2013 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GunsGodAndCountry (Post 1433455)
Not to beat a dead horse, but Im not a huge Kimber fan either. I've shot a crimson carry (pretty sure that's the one) and it was okay, nothing memorable. I feel like if you're gonna drop that kind of cash on it, shooting it should be like sex. For me, it certainly wasn't.

Very few carry guns are joys to shoot, alloy frames, shorter barrels make for snappier recoils.

Whatever the OP decides to purchase, compare guns of the same class to make the decision, i.e. full size Kimber vs full size Sig.