Story+A question
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > Story+A question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2010, 03:30 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Story+A question

So, I went the the range today to fire the Desert Eagle, the Delta Elite and my grandpa's old Remington WW2 1911(which I believe just turned 70). The Desert Eagle was extremely accurate, but it was disappointing because the reloaded rounds were way too light and were not cycling the slide(online research is coming up for hot loads), the Delta Elite, a great gun, shot pretty accurate, feels as great as ever. Now, the surprise of the day. I picked up my Grandpa's old service pistol, and started shooting at a metal target about the size of a dinner plate, at 25 yards. Note: Have not been shooting in 2 years, so don't laugh!. I put seven clips through the gun, and only missed 6 times, the trigger pull was exactly perfect for me, sweet as hell. The gun is an original 1911A1, and upon taking the gun apart, I saw why the trigger pull was so different. I discovered the Delta Elite(the series 70), had an additional pin. Long time shooters are going to tell me DUH, but I didn't know much about my grandpa's gun at this point. So, my question is this, does anyone make a 1911A1 with the same original trigger as the WW2 service pistols? Of all the guns I've fired, this Remington was the most comfortable trigger for my particular style.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-25-2010, 04:06 AM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5740 Times on 2999 Posts
Likes Given: 380

the springfield 1911-A1 and the re-issue of the colt series 70 are part for part interchangeable with the ww2 issue guns. the colt is hands down the best took 6 months wait to get mine.

Old 10-25-2010, 04:26 AM   #3

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

Could I order one with the original trigger?

Old 10-25-2010, 09:03 AM   #4

Liked 22 Times on 7 Posts

The extra pin you're talking about is the firing pin block. Most, in fact the majority made today have something like this. Springfield does not use an FPB, they use a titanium firing pin with a heavier firing pin spring to achieve the same result. Only Colts classified as "Series 70" do not have the extra hardware. Personally, I've had 1911s with the FPB that had nice triggers but it's your choice. Buy a Springer or order a Colt...

Old 10-25-2010, 04:38 PM   #5

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGIB View Post
The extra pin you're talking about is the firing pin block. Most, in fact the majority made today have something like this. Springfield does not use an FPB, they use a titanium firing pin with a heavier firing pin spring to achieve the same result. Only Colts classified as "Series 70" do not have the extra hardware. Personally, I've had 1911s with the FPB that had nice triggers but it's your choice. Buy a Springer or order a Colt...
The Delta Elite has a nice trigger, I'm not saying that at all, and yes, it has the FPB. The DE I can fire pretty accurately. However, the service 1911, just felt so natural to me, and thats after not having fired for an extended period of time. Are you saying that the Springfield trigger feels like one with a FPB?