Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > SR1911: Quoting Ruger's CEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2011, 10:04 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Default SR1911: Quoting Ruger's CEO

Shortly after sending an email from Ruger's site, I received a reply from Ruger's CEO, Mike Fifer:

Quote:

Dear (deleted),

A 1911 of our high quality is a difficult firearm to build, and in spite of considerable capital spending on equipment, we have not been able to hit our daily production goal of 90 guns per day on two extended shifts. Instead, we are averaging somewhere between 50 and 60 guns per day. So far we have shipped more than 8,000 SR1911s.

In response to everyone's frustration (including our own employees, who want more SR1911s), I have committed an additional $3.3 million to acquire more equipment to try to double production. Many of those pieces of equipment are showing up now (I saw quite a few new pieces of equipment when I was in the Prescott factory last week), and I am hopeful they will be tooled up and running with additional, fully-trained employees by the first of the year.

Best regards,
Mike Fifer

End Quote

So, there's hope for all of us who are waiting, just a matter of time and the SR1911 will show up at your LGS, or you will finally get notified from that online waiting list. I'll have to start saving money, because I already bought a SW1911 TRS!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-02-2011, 10:40 PM   #2

Liked 998 Times on 597 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Thats pretty awesome that you received an email from the actual CEO and not from the sales department.

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

Old 11-03-2011, 02:57 AM   #3

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWray View Post
Thats pretty awesome that you received an email from the actual CEO and not from the sales department.
Thanks, I sent you a PM.

Old 11-03-2011, 05:51 AM   #4

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

My father was at a store in Co Springs and met with the CEO and had a very congenial conversation with him....it could have been because of the number of Rugers my father was purchasing too though...

The truth will set you free, but first it's going to piss you off.

"Time to nut up or shut up." - Tallahassee

"Life is tough, it is even tougher if you are stupid." - The Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duddn View Post
I'm a man, I see it as my obligation to like guns. And they are just so fun.

Old 11-04-2011, 02:10 PM   #5

Liked 3 Times on 1 Posts

The SR1911's are on the shelves of every shop I have been into lately.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm............

Old 11-04-2011, 02:47 PM   #6

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaLawman View Post
The SR1911's are on the shelves of every shop I have been into lately.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm............
Please, please tell me name of the shops! Are they under $700.00? Will they accept AMEX? (I'll monitor this thread throughout the day)

GunBroker has 15 for sale but they are bidding up the prices...