Springfield V10 ultra compact info..

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > Springfield V10 ultra compact info..

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2011, 02:02 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 80 Times on 53 Posts
Likes Given: 36

Default Springfield V10 ultra compact info..

I have lined up a Springfield V10 and before the deal goes through was wondering if anybody had insight on them? Thanks.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-16-2011, 12:58 PM   #2

Liked 17 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 4

I have been using one as a carry gun for a number of years. It has always performed well. I would suggest that you find the ammo that it likes bests to limit any chances of feeding problems. The ports were not as distracting as I had imagined in terms of flash, but it is slightly louder than my unported pieces. The size fits my average size hand, but I did add magazine bumpers to add just enough at the bottom to rest the small finger of my right hand on while gripping the piece. I think you will be satisfied with it. Good luck.

Bill
NRA Life Member

"Democracy is two wolves and one lamb voting what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote" Ben Franklin

"The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people; that... it is their right and duty to be at all times armed." --Thomas Jefferson to John Cartwright, 1824. ME 16:45

"It is God’s job to judge and forgive my enemy, I only arrange the meeting." Unidentified Marine

Old 09-16-2011, 01:20 PM   #3

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

Don't have the Ultra compact, but I do have a Springfield V10 5" slide I interchange on one of my Springers. As stated, it is a little louder than non-ported slides, but it's a great shooter and is a awesome sight to shoot a night.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”