Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > Springfield TRP worth the money?

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2013, 11:31 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 416
Liked 23 Times on 17 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake

Basically the same except the CE has the National Match Barrel.

The XSE has the Extended Ambidextrous thumb safety and the CE has a Extended Single Side. (For carry I dislike both.)

Both have a FLGR. (I dislike and find this stupid. Please forgive Colt Mr. JMB.)

If you go by the model number (O8011XSE) it is an XSE.

[*]O8011XSE - Suggested Retail: $1,318.32 < The CE is a bargain if you can find one![*]O1070XSE - Suggested Retail: $1,305.45[*]O1980XSE - Suggested Retail: $1,305.45[*]O1880XSE - Suggested Retail: $1,305.45


If you can find one get the CE.
Flgr?? Please elaborate. I can't access the abbreviation page.
__________________
broke-again124 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 11:32 PM   #22
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 416
Liked 23 Times on 17 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broke-again124

Flgr?? Please elaborate. I can't access the abbreviation page.
Full length guide rod? And if so, why don't you like?
__________________
broke-again124 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 11:55 PM   #23
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Jstrong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 984
Liked 225 Times on 140 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broke-again124

Full length guide rod? And if so, why don't you like?
Theres a few reasons why people don't like the full length guide rod,but for some the fact that its not pure to the original 1911 design is reason enough lol.

And BTW wasn't that les bear enough 1911 for you lol,or can you just not find the heart to carry it and now are looking for one that you won't mind taking out if the safe?
__________________
Jstrong is offline  
canebrake Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:10 AM   #24
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 416
Liked 23 Times on 17 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstrong

Theres a few reasons why people don't like the full length guide rod,but for some the fact that its not pure to the original 1911 design is reason enough lol.

And BTW wasn't that les bear enough 1911 for you lol,or can you just not find the heart to carry it and now are looking for one that you won't mind taking out if the safe?
Baer is plenty. Just gaining more knowledge. Like the TRP a lot for some reason. But no purchase is coming soon. Just like to up my knowledge of what's out there from time to time.
__________________
broke-again124 is offline  
canebrake Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:23 AM   #25
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
canebrake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: 150 miles NE of Sloppy Joe's Bar
Posts: 21,941
Liked 1414 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broke-again124 View Post
Full length guide rod? And if so, why don't you like?
There isn't a scintilla of evidence that proves a FLGR is a positive addition to ANY 1911 firearm.

The only result to using a FLGR is the draining of the wallet of the purchaser of said FLGR.

Prove me wrong! - cane
__________________
http://i695.photobucket.com/albums/v...brake02jpg.jpg

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello
canebrake is offline  
axxe55 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:29 AM   #26
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Axxe55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: East Texas, Texas!
Posts: 27,313
Liked 19982 Times on 11360 Posts
Likes Given: 50403

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake View Post
There isn't a scintilla of evidence that proves a FLGR is a positive addition to ANY 1911 firearm.

The only result to using a FLGR is the draining of the wallet of the purchaser of said FLGR.

Prove me wrong! - cane
i understand the theory behind the FLGR as to not allowing coil bind of the recoil spring, and have even tried a couple in the past and personally, i could never tell any difference or advantage over the stock recoil guide rod.

IMO, i think a person would be better spending the money on new grips or magazines instead.
__________________
Coming From The Village Of The Damned.
Resist All Tyranny And Oppression.
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil, is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke.
Axxe55 is online now  
canebrake Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:49 AM   #27
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 416
Liked 23 Times on 17 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake

There isn't a scintilla of evidence that proves a FLGR is a positive addition to ANY 1911 firearm.

The only result to using a FLGR is the draining of the wallet of the purchaser of said FLGR.

Prove me wrong! - cane
I've just realized I've still got much to learn. Is there a crash course in 1911's I could read somewhere? Mainly things like what we've been talking about. I'm obviously unaware of all the options available in a 1911 platform.
__________________
broke-again124 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 06:03 PM   #28
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 3
Default

Have you considered Dan Wesson? I have a Valor that is amazing. I love Colt and Springfield makes a great 1911 as well. I looked at the TRP before I bought the Valor. Don't know what I might have missed out on with the TRP but I wouldn't part with the Valor now for anything.

__________________
Raven5 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 07:36 PM   #29
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 416
Liked 23 Times on 17 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven5
Have you considered Dan Wesson? I have a Valor that is amazing. I love Colt and Springfield makes a great 1911 as well. I looked at the TRP before I bought the Valor. Don't know what I might have missed out on with the TRP but I wouldn't part with the Valor now for anything.
Thanks for the input. I'll look into it.
__________________
broke-again124 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:56 PM   #30
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
canebrake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: 150 miles NE of Sloppy Joe's Bar
Posts: 21,941
Liked 1414 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broke-again124 View Post
I've just realized I've still got much to learn. Is there a crash course in 1911's I could read somewhere? Mainly things like what we've been talking about. I'm obviously unaware of all the options available in a 1911 platform.
We use to call it T.I.T.S., Time In The Seat.........(READ: experience)

Or, you can stick around and ask questions.
__________________
http://i695.photobucket.com/albums/v...brake02jpg.jpg

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello
canebrake is offline  
axxe55 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Are these AR kits worth the money? INMIline AR-15 Discussion 2 01-17-2010 05:36 PM
is this worth the money??? Jusselin 1911 Forum 15 12-23-2009 04:02 AM
What makes Arsenals worth the money? TruthsRazors AK & SKS Discussion 3 03-18-2009 11:07 AM
Are MRE's worth the money? keytosuccess... Survival & Sustenance Living Forum 12 10-03-2007 10:12 PM