Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   1911 Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/)
-   -   Springfield TRP (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/springfield-trp-85807/)

fupuk 03-05-2013 06:04 AM

Springfield TRP

2 Attachment(s)
I just bought my first 1911 yesterday around 11am and man is this thing a beauty. My wife and I rented the same firearm a few months ago and we fell in love with it. So after researching and looking around for something else I liked I always found myself going back to the TRP. Waited to save up a few dollars and went to three different stores looking at 1911's and went with my gut and bought the TRP.

Axxe55 03-05-2013 09:08 AM

Nice score Fupuk! Springers are a good choice in 1911's. enjoy it.:D

now go out and shoot the snot out it! and we need a range report as well! :p

kodiak 03-06-2013 03:22 AM

Very nice, I love mine

fupuk 03-06-2013 07:13 AM

I will post a range report as soon as Im able to go. Im hoping within the next few days. I got one question for you 1911 owners, I was looking up on how to dissasemble and clean and then lube. I was searching youtube and 99% of the people were using gun grease on the slide but I dont have that. Ive never used it before, whats the perks of the grease compaired to gun oil? Looking to break in my 1911 in right just wondering what everyone else uses. Thanks in advance.

limbkiller 03-06-2013 10:48 PM

Grease any thing that slides and oil on everything else.

steadyshot 03-07-2013 09:58 AM

The TRP is a great 1911. I have one as well.:)

fupuk 03-07-2013 10:40 AM

Im at work right now but I did go to the range yesterday and will post the pics when I get home around noon or so.

fupuk 03-08-2013 10:51 AM

Alright I lied. I didnt have time and still dont, I tried to do it at work last night but didnt have time. I promise it will be soon and I gotta say im very impressed.

fupuk 03-10-2013 04:00 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Alright me and my wife went to the range on Wendsday but I just now have some free time to write this up. I grabed a few hundred FMJ and while I was at the range I picked up a couple random boxes of HP. All of my shots were at 12 yards, and with my fixed sights were dead on to the way I shoot. The firearm is defenitly more accurate than I will ever be. Loaded up the two mags that came with it and had some fun. These were my first seven shots out of my newest addiction.

Attachment 89858

I think thats some damn fine shooting for me with my first go at my new firearm.
The next pic is of two magazines down range and im sure if I could have taken a picture of my face while I was shooting it I would have had a smile on ny face from ear to ear. I tried my hardest to get this thing to jam or give me problems but it wouldnt do it. It ran every round I put through it. I ran a little over 200 rounds total throught that target and I had an awesome time doin it. When I was done shooting I went and started looking for a holster and found a galco holster that I like. Its basically the same holster that I use when I carried my Glock17 but this one is a galco.

All in all this is an awesome firearm, the only thing I found when I was done shooting and taking it apart to clean it was this springer has a FLGR and its a two piece. But it had come unthreaded a few full revolutions. So I may opt for a GI guide rod and see how it performs after that. But still very Impressed and cant wait to shoot it again. And dont make fun of me but I bought some of the zombie ammo and it shot very well in my firearm so I bought a couple boxes.

Overkill0084 03-10-2013 04:21 PM

The Guide Rod on my Trophy Match did it too. Just snug it down good during reassembly, it'll be fine. I've not had any problems with it. If you're really worried, keep the appropriate Allen wrench in your range bag.