Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   1911 Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/)
-   -   Springfield or Ruger (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/springfield-ruger-48891/)

PSYCHOFREAK3 09-27-2011 05:04 PM

Springfield or Ruger
 
Well I'm looking to buy my first 1911 (the beginning of a soon to be out of hand addiction.) Like most people price is a factor but I know you get what you pay for. I don't need a race gun, I'm looking for a nightstand/range gun/carry gun (if my state will ever allow it) and I have been looking very closely at the Springfield Range Officer and the Ruger sr1911. I know both are out of stock everywhere and allocated once they do come in, but I'm at the point where I would like to get on a waiting list for one or the other. So my question is which would you go for and why?

harbinger 09-27-2011 05:38 PM

The Springfield, because I own a Ruger.

PSYCHOFREAK3 09-27-2011 06:14 PM

And you're not happy with it?

g17frantz 09-27-2011 06:17 PM

A question for you, why are you leaning towards those two? What features of those do you like?

Overkill0084 09-27-2011 06:30 PM

It's a tough call. I recommend you get the one that comes off backorder first wherever you plan on buying it. I've actually seen a few Range Officers. The Ruger is still a bit like Sasquatch, reported sightings by questionable sources.

PSYCHOFREAK3 09-27-2011 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by g17frantz (Post 587951)
A question for you, why are you leaning towards those two? What features of those do you like?

They seem to be about the same feature wise with a little more emphasis on the springfield for fit and finish. But I like the looks of both of them, the beavertail. I like the sights better on the ruger. The other option without the default upgrades would be a springfield mil spec, but it's my first 1911 and I haven't pulled one apart yet. Once I get it I don't want to have to put more money into beavertail, different hammer, different trigger (both for looks) and pay someone to swap out sights for me.

PSYCHOFREAK3 09-27-2011 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Overkill0084 (Post 587958)
It's a tough call. I recommend you get the one that comes off backorder first wherever you plan on buying it. I've actually seen a few Range Officers. The Ruger is still a bit like Sasquatch, reported sightings by questionable sources.

Well my lgs doesn't stock the range officer so I would have to find one somewhere else and have it transferred but they are pretty steep on transfer fee. The ruger they have a waiting list for. I still have yet to see a Range Officer in person.

AznZOhAn 09-27-2011 07:05 PM

Easy answer, Springfield.

bountyhunter 09-27-2011 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PSYCHOFREAK3 (Post 587909)
Well I'm looking to buy my first 1911 (the beginning of a soon to be out of hand addiction.) Like most people price is a factor but I know you get what you pay for. I don't need a race gun, I'm looking for a nightstand/range gun/carry gun (if my state will ever allow it) and I have been looking very closely at the Springfield Range Officer and the Ruger sr1911. I know both are out of stock everywhere and allocated once they do come in, but I'm at the point where I would like to get on a waiting list for one or the other. So my question is which would you go for and why?

If you don't want to wait:

STI Spartan 5" 1911 9mm Best Value Match Grade 1911 Pistol on the Market Just Got Better! "FREE DP FIBER OPTIC FRONT SIGHT INSTALLED LIMITED TIME" Detail Page

AznZOhAn 09-27-2011 07:09 PM

Why not try the SA loaded target.


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:40 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.