Springfield Range Officer Compact - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > Springfield Range Officer Compact

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2014, 01:32 AM   #11
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 21996 Times on 12402 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFootball View Post
Jim, it means that the supplier has them on order, and your dealer gets what he ordered for his customers(You!)

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk
i think it means the distributors have take orders from the dealers and those first coming out go to the distributors that have them allotted to them from their dealers. they fill allotted orders first out the first production runs.

it took me about three months to get the new Marlin i ordered when Marlin announced bringing it out. after i read about it, my LGS got on the phone and started calling his distributors, and none of them had any in stock yet.

my guess that depending on supply and demand for a new gun, it can be anywhere from 2-6 months from the time you read about a new one before they hit the gun stores.

Old 08-25-2014, 02:12 AM   #12

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Seriously considering to trade my XDs 45 for this.
Bull barrel handles recoil better I reckon.

Old 08-25-2014, 03:51 AM   #13

Liked 14 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfafun View Post
Recoil is a non issue with this gun even with Critical Dutys. The snap from this 45 isn't as much as from my SIG 938 9mm (comparing a 1# gun to a 2# gun).

Last edited by junglejim; 08-25-2014 at 04:04 AM.

Old 08-25-2014, 06:25 AM   #14
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3371 Times on 2282 Posts
Likes Given: 710

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
i think it means the distributors have take orders from the dealers and those first coming out go to the distributors that have them allotted to them from their dealers. they fill allotted orders first out the first production runs.

it took me about three months to get the new Marlin i ordered when Marlin announced bringing it out. after i read about it, my LGS got on the phone and started calling his distributors, and none of them had any in stock yet.

my guess that depending on supply and demand for a new gun, it can be anywhere from 2-6 months from the time you read about a new one before they hit the gun stores.

Overs implication of what I said,. But true. This is an issue in the industry. Companies "Release" new products, then you have to wait months to buy it, because unlike the electronics industry, the firearms industry can't keep up with demand..

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 09-09-2014, 10:20 PM   #15

After spending a little more time on the range with this gun now I'm certain it is a keeper. Of course some things could be a little better, but guns with that fine of finishes cost several hundred more than this one. Great qulaity and performance at a reasonable cost. It isn't so expensive I hate to carry it and just plain use it, but yet it will hang with the more expensive Colts and Kimbers etc. I believe it is a great value.

Zero malfunctions (from the gun, not me).

Old 09-22-2014, 01:57 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfafun View Post
Yep, me too. I jsut sold my XD. I'm keeping the RO Compact.

After several more trips to the range now I still have zero malfunctions with every kind of ammo I fed it.