Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   1911 Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/)
-   -   Springfield EMP 9mm (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/springfield-emp-9mm-72124/)

newbolddm 09-09-2012 03:36 PM

Springfield EMP 9mm
 
1 Attachment(s)
I was looking for a gun to meet several criteria and bought a used Springfield EMP 9mm with G10 grips. The criteria was: compact 1911, stainless slide, 9mm caliber, around $1,000 budget. I like to shoot my guns and wanted a caliber I could afford to buy in quantity. I wanted the stainless slide so that it would be less likely to scratch up. I also wanted a fairly respected brand that would be likely to hold up with a lot if use. My local range called me when this used EMP was traded in to them. I picked it up for $950. It looks nearly unfired. Not a scratch or wear mark on it.

Well... After a little shooting it failed to go into battery... A lot. The slide would sort of hang back and move forward with a long hesitation. It also kept failing to lock back after the last round.

My dealer is sending it back to Springfield for me to see about fixing this problem. Am I correct in thinking that this has been a common problem with these guns but also that Springfield usually does an excellent job at fixing them and making them run right if returned to them for work?



Attachment 57657

tacticalfun 09-09-2012 03:43 PM

Beautiful!!!!!

RecklessRegard 09-09-2012 07:30 PM

Not sure about your issue, but congrats on the gun. My experience with SA customer service was excellent.

newbolddm 09-09-2012 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RecklessRegard
Not sure about your issue, but congrats on the gun. My experience with SA customer service was excellent.

Thanks. Hopefully my experience will be good and the gun will come back working great. I hope so. I really like this gun and want it to work good so I'll keep it instead of having to trade it.

newbolddm 09-09-2012 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tacticalfun
Beautiful!!!!!

Thanks! You'd never know it was used. If they get it working goof then I'd say I got a pretty good deal on it.

newbolddm 09-09-2012 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newbolddm

Thanks! You'd never know it was used. If they get it working goof then I'd say I got a pretty good deal on it.

Good not goof.... I need to proof my typing before posting. Lol

kwwms 09-10-2012 03:59 AM

I have a 9mm emp and about 1200 rounds through it....can't remember it ever failing to cycle. I also like this gun and one of my better purchases. Been trying to find black rubber grips for it but as far as I can tell no one is making them.

newbolddm 10-06-2012 04:37 AM

It turns out that my local dealer had their gun smith do the work on the gun. I got the gun back a few days ago. 100 rounds fired through it and I had no problems at all. He said that the gun was very tight to the point that it would not cycle freely each time it was fired. Whatever he did it seems to have done the trick. It seems smooth as silk now. I am very relieved.

canebrake 10-06-2012 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newbolddm (Post 966165)
It turns out that my local dealer had their gun smith do the work on the gun. I got the gun back a few days ago. 100 rounds fired through it and I had no problems at all. He said that the gun was very tight to the point that it would not cycle freely each time it was fired. Whatever he did it seems to have done the trick. It seems smooth as silk now. I am very relieved.

I bet he replaced the recoil spring.

newbolddm 10-07-2012 01:41 AM

They mentioned something about boring it out. I don't really know what that means. I did notice the inner part of the slide and the barrel were very polished up looking. The feed ramp too but I expected that would be done.


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:16 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.