Springfield Armory Range Officer? - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > Springfield Armory Range Officer?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2011, 12:27 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

There is an story/test in the latest 'GUNS' magazine.

Old 02-22-2011, 01:17 PM   #22

Here is a picture of mine, not fired yet.

dsc00001.jpg  

Old 02-23-2011, 06:41 PM   #23

I've got a few more rounds through my SARO and I have nothing but praise for this gun. I have added base pads to the 7 round mags (i'm thinking about getting a couple of CMC 8-round power mags and using the two 7-rounders that came with gun as "barney mags" for this and my other 1911. I think I will also add a magwell.

Old 03-02-2011, 01:56 PM   #24

I added a magazine end-cap, magwell, and compensator:

cimg0503.jpg  

Old 10-24-2011, 08:50 PM   #25

Default Compensator Size

Quote:
Originally Posted by maierar View Post
I added a magazine end-cap, magwell, and compensator:
Where did you get your compensator? What size ID and OD do I need to buy a compensator that works?

Old 10-24-2011, 10:37 PM   #26

Liked 61 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNTexasShooter View Post
Where did you get your compensator? What size ID and OD do I need to buy a compensator that works?
WOW - this is an old thread ressurection...
But to answer your question, no one can tell you what the ID & OD measurements are of your gun. You would need a set of calipers to measure the OD of your barrel & ID of your slide.

However, Wilson makes a drop-in compensator/bushing combination. I ordered this for my SA loaded (here is a pic of it installed). It fit fine with no measurements and was tighter than the SA stock barrel bushing. Midway has them in stock - they run about $80 plus shipping.
Heck, I am no longer using mine - as I did take my measurements and had EGW machine me a precision "fitted" bushing. If you PM me your address, I will send you mine if you want it.
Thanks,
Bart

Old 10-28-2011, 07:17 PM   #27
ET1

Well since this thread has been resurrected from the dead because someone probably googled "Springfield Range Officer" I'll comment. I just bought an RO last week and love it. I've wondered what gray grips would look like instead of the OEM brown woodgrain. Thanks to Bart I now know. I want some. Bart, where did you get your grips? Plus, if the drive by poster doesn't want that compensator I'll take it off your hands. It might help my wife when she shoots it.

...I just read RMP's post where he bought a Range Officer for $499. That is insane. The MRSP is $950 on this gun. I bought mine for $750 and thought I got a good deal. Frigging $499, that's insane. That's $250 under what I paid!!! Did I mention that it's insane?

Old 10-28-2011, 07:59 PM   #28

Liked 61 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by ET1 View Post
Well since this thread has been resurrected from the dead because someone probably googled "Springfield Range Officer" I'll comment. I just bought an RO last week and love it. I've wondered what gray grips would look like instead of the OEM brown woodgrain. Thanks to Bart I now know. I want some. Bart, where did you get your grips? Plus, if the drive by poster doesn't want that compensator I'll take it off your hands. It might help my wife when she shoots it.

...I just read RMP's post where he bought a Range Officer for $499. That is insane. The MRSP is $950 on this gun. I bought mine for $750 and thought I got a good deal. Frigging $499, that's insane. That's $250 under what I paid!!! Did I mention that it's insane?
Hey ET1...
Those are VZ Grips and actually the color is a dark olive green (VZ calls then 'Dirty Olive')...They made a myraid of model/designs & also colors. Those are called 'Recons' and have a golfball texture. Here is the link (but like I said they make a bunch of different styles & colors)...VZ Recons

Also, sory but the other guy did PM me and that Wilson Comp is already in the mail to him. Midway has them in stock though (called the Wilson Multi-Comp).

Thanks,
Bart

Old 10-29-2011, 02:38 AM   #29
ET1

Thanks Bart. I didn't think that comp thing through. The RO comes with the standard GI rod/spring set up, not the full length 2 piece rod that this comp requires. I'm not too enamored with those things. I think I'll leave well enough alone. But thanks for the grip info. I guess dirty green looks a lot like gray when it's been photographed. I think I'll be sinking some money into some spare grips. I'm pretty sure it will be sporting some gay colored grips shortly!