Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   1911 Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/)
-   -   Springfield 1911 Operator must have upgrades (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/springfield-1911-operator-must-have-upgrades-56888/)

GentileGent21 02-03-2012 02:15 AM

Springfield 1911 Operator must have upgrades

Hey there fellow 1911 enthusiasts! I have just purchased my first 1911 which is the Springfield Operator model. Just want to get a consensus on what are the must have upgrades that I should consider getting?

MrWray 02-03-2012 02:31 AM

Its a good gun right out of the box, but they are fun to dress up. Its really all about what you want to do with it. I like a new set of custom grips,then i like a good set of tritium night sights for starters.

canebrake 02-03-2012 02:35 AM

Or, you could have bought the gun you wanted from the get-go.

Shoot the damn thing and learn to appreciate what the product has to offer before you go putin' those 22" Dubs on her.

g17frantz 02-03-2012 03:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrWray
Its a good gun right out of the box, but they are fun to dress up. Its really all about what you want to do with it. I like a new set of custom grips,then i like a good set of tritium night sights for starters.

I almost didn't recognize you. You changed your avatar and I'm all sorts of confused.

MrWray 02-03-2012 03:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by g17frantz

I almost didn't recognize you. You changed your avatar and I'm all sorts of confused.

Lol...ya i freshened it up a little

g17frantz 02-03-2012 03:19 AM

Quote:

Lol...ya i freshened it up a little

I don't even know you anymore

GentileGent21 02-03-2012 03:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canebrake
Or, you could have bought the gun you wanted from the get-go.

Shoot the damn thing and learn to appreciate what the product has to offer before you go putin' those 22" Dubs on her.

I definitely got what I wanted trust me. It took me awhile to hunt one down. Nothing wrong with gathering some ideas for possible future upgrades. Thanks for the input, I can't wait to get out this weekend and shoot it!

MrWray 02-03-2012 03:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by g17frantz

I don't even know you anymore

Come on now,lol

g17frantz 02-03-2012 03:25 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by GentileGent21

I definitely got what I wanted trust me. It took me awhile to hunt one down. Nothing wrong with gathering some ideas for possible future upgrades. Thanks for the input, I can't wait to get out this weekend and shoot it!

I hope you don't think Cane was harping on you, but he is the 1911 guru. Take his advice though. You should shoot at least 500 rounds before you go changing anything, you might love everything about it and decide not to do anything to it. I'm like you though, I can't leave anything stock. But, took Canes advice and put a good 500 rnds through my Sig before I did anything. Decided I didn't love the trigger and swapped it out to a nighthawk custom match grade trigger and then decided to dress her up a little. $200 later, I got a pretty nice lookin 1911.

g17frantz 02-03-2012 03:25 AM

Quote:

Come on now,lol

For real, you think you know someone then they go and do some crap like this. I'm very disappointed in you Wray. Tsk tsk