Springers QC? Product service? What is this? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > Springers QC? Product service? What is this?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2013, 02:57 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Well for $750 no way ill accept this barrel ! I can build my own with BarSto and Caspian frame and slide all top quality for the money ! If this was a $475 gun I'd shoot it ! Not at this price ! Quality must be in it first!

Old 09-20-2013, 03:02 AM   #12

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

I love the fit and finish for the price and can't wait to smooth out the trigger and shoot. If the bbl was nice I'd be pounding it big time. This is a beauty for the money.... I've built many 45's that shot 1.25 " at 50 yds and am an aerospace machinist and KNOW quality !! Thanks 5 star gun except bbl

Old 09-21-2013, 03:19 AM   #13
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21592 Times on 12249 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by lampman View Post
I love the fit and finish for the price and can't wait to smooth out the trigger and shoot. If the bbl was nice I'd be pounding it big time. This is a beauty for the money.... I've built many 45's that shot 1.25 " at 50 yds and am an aerospace machinist and KNOW quality !! Thanks 5 star gun except bbl
then send it back and let them fix the problem. i really can't see what the problems are. for $750, were you expecting Nighthawk Custom, or Ed Wilson quality? it's a mass produced pistol. and as that i have owned quite a few SA 1911's over the years, for a mass produced pistol, theyare top notch. but with anything mass produced, there can be some that slip through with less than perfect features, so therefor a reputable company has a good warranty.

Old 09-21-2013, 06:16 AM   #14

Liked 19 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 14

lampman, I have long had the suspicion that many 1911 owners and shooters don't really know or care much about the mechanics of the gun as long as it goes bang. That barrel is not normal and would not be acceptable to me no matter if it is "only" a $750.00 gun, or a $400.00 gun for that matter. Reminds me of when American automobile manufacturers seemed to just crank out their product at maximum speed and minimum quality, and figured thay'd handle any issues a buyer might discover later under warranty. I am with you on this no matter how many folks want to minimize the issue. When I see something as obviously wrong as that barrel, and people quickly rise to defend the manufacturer, I always wonder if some are just apologists for their favorite manufacturer, or really, honestly, just don't know any better. I would definitely send that gun back to SA.

BTW, with every gun I have sent back to the manufacturer for warranty work over the past many years, the manufacturer has provided a pre-paid shipping label.

Old 09-21-2013, 06:42 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock185 View Post
lampman, I have long had the suspicion that many 1911 owners and shooters don't really know or care much about the mechanics of the gun as long as it goes bang. That barrel is not normal and would not be acceptable to me no matter if it is "only" a $750.00 gun, or a $400.00 gun for that matter. Reminds me of when American automobile manufacturers seemed to just crank out their product at maximum speed and minimum quality, and figured thay'd handle any issues a buyer might discover later under warranty. I am with you on this no matter how many folks want to minimize the issue. When I see something as obviously wrong as that barrel, and people quickly rise to defend the manufacturer, I always wonder if some are just apologists for their favorite manufacturer, or really, honestly, just don't know any better. I would definitely send that gun back to SA.

BTW, with every gun I have sent back to the manufacturer for warranty work over the past many years, the manufacturer has provided a pre-paid shipping label.
i am not defending the manufacterer, nor am i an apologist as you put it. that was why i told him to send it back if he felt he had a problem.

any item that is mass produced, can have some that slip in quality for any number of reasons. a reputable company has a warranty in place to catch these slip-ups in quality.

Old 09-21-2013, 07:06 AM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1768 Times on 989 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
just shoot the pistol, then decide whether it makes any difference. maybe you are making a mountain out of a molehill!

you have no idea if it affects the operation or accuracy if you haven't shot it.

just seems to me, you are going to extra lengths to find fault in the pistol. maybe sell it and buy something else. jeez...........
Good point. Even with the tool marks that pistol is probably much more accurate than the shooter. Now if it was a safety issue and I got the response as reported I would be very po'd. The law firm of Dewey, Screwem, and Howe would be making the next contact.
Old 09-22-2013, 03:45 AM   #17
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5741 Times on 3000 Posts
Likes Given: 380

i would send it back regardless. wouldnt matter if it was stacking em one on the other at 25yards.

tool marks like that are going to lead to severe fouling. really bad fouling from a badly rifled barrel can easily cause over pressure and a kaboom down the road.

send it back.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 09-22-2013, 03:54 AM   #18

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

That bbl is not acceptable. Pretty odd though. I've yet to see any Springer come in looking like that. Where did you buy this? Internet? That bbl looks like you s,hould have been able to see it from across the room. Now, if it was a net sale then I have as much issue with them as the people that made it. But if you bought this at a shop you should have seen it and walked away.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Old 09-24-2013, 02:10 AM   #19

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Thanks y'all . I sent it back with their free label for second day air, nice! Ok for those that agree with my thoughts, thanks, I,we are right. I do trust they will fix me up with a new barrel or my big mouth will really be set off. I am an Aerospace Machinist and retired pistol smith. My production parts MUST be perfect or rejected and they are not $750 assemblies ! So this is why I bought American !!! If you don't put quality out sell it to china not ME

Old 09-24-2013, 02:16 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by lampman View Post
Thanks y'all . I sent it back with their free label for second day air, nice! Ok for those that agree with my thoughts, thanks, I,we are right. I do trust they will fix me up with a new barrel or my big mouth will really be set off. I am an Aerospace Machinist and retired pistol smith. My production parts MUST be perfect or rejected and they are not $750 assemblies ! So this is why I bought American !!! If you don't put quality out sell it to china not ME
completely in the dark over this. you know most people make a big production about quality after they have been shafted or passed around on the CS merry go round in regards to the warranty. seems like they are doing the right thing.

what was all the melodrama for in the first post for?