Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   1911 Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/)
-   -   Springers QC? Product service? What is this? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/springers-qc-product-service-what-97358/)

lampman 09-20-2013 02:07 AM

Springers QC? Product service? What is this?
 
Just dropped $750 on a new Springer Range Officer ! Looked and felt nice and reasonably tight . This is the first Springer I handled since I retired pistol smithing in 97! Ok apart it came! It was no match trigger like I used to do so I said let's check out why.
Got

Axxe55 09-20-2013 02:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lampman (Post 1377718)
Just dropped $750 on a new Springer Range Officer ! Looked and felt nice and reasonably tight . This is the first Springer I handled since I retired pistol smithing in 97! Ok apart it came! It was no match trigger like I used to do so I said let's check out why.
Got

HUH? more info needed.

lampman 09-20-2013 02:14 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Got my 7x loupe out to inspect the match bbl ! No way beautiful .375 long tool marks deep in the one land ! Not acceptable ! I call SA ! Not happy! I say slide and bbl coming back for fast replacement! Haha they think !!! Send complete gun and wait 30-45 days for it! We are so backed up with all the recalls ! NICE ! Great way to get back in the shooting sports ! Thanks for nothing SA you never will change !!

Axxe55 09-20-2013 02:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lampman (Post 1377732)
Got my 7x loupe out to inspect the match bbl ! No way beautiful .375 long tool marks deep in the one land ! Not acceptable ! I call SA ! Not happy! I say slide and bbl coming back for fast replacement! Haha they think !!! Send complete gun and wait 30-45 days for it! We are so backed up with all the recalls ! NICE ! Great way to get back in the shooting sports ! Thanks for nothing SA you never will change !!

i have owned many Springfield 1911's over the years and currently own two and i am very pleased with mine.

have you shot it? is it accurate? does it function well?

lampman 09-20-2013 02:21 AM

To top it off she tells me 30-45 days and says nothing of how they may help me return it !! Wow I'd fire someone's ass there fast!! I see they or she just don't care ! Should have went Philippines gun huh? Grrrr MAD MAD !!

lampman 09-20-2013 02:23 AM

Not shooting it with that bbl! They will say I did it or something stupid ! No quality in bbl for $750

lampman 09-20-2013 02:32 AM

Ha she argues that her website says Premium bbl NOT Stainless Match Quality bbl
Yo toots ! READ the specs on your site ! Learn before trying to be in Customer Service !!
Grrrrr

Axxe55 09-20-2013 02:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lampman (Post 1377765)
Ha she argues that her website says Premium bbl NOT Stainless Match Quality bbl
Yo toots ! READ the specs on your site ! Learn before trying to be in Customer Service !!
Grrrrr

ummm...here are the specs.

http://springfield-armory.com/armory.php?version=154

lampman 09-20-2013 02:40 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Normal tool marks ? Huh?

Axxe55 09-20-2013 02:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lampman (Post 1377775)
Normal tool marks ? Huh?

just shoot the pistol, then decide whether it makes any difference. maybe you are making a mountain out of a molehill!

you have no idea if it affects the operation or accuracy if you haven't shot it.

just seems to me, you are going to extra lengths to find fault in the pistol. maybe sell it and buy something else. jeez...........:rolleyes:


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:05 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.