Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   1911 Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/)
-   -   Sometimes you just gotta suck it up.... (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/sometimes-you-just-gotta-suck-up-85584/)

StainlessSteel215 03-02-2013 02:46 PM

Sometimes you just gotta suck it up....

So I just dropped a few hundred clams this week on a nice new Field & Stream 10-gun safe. It was long overdue and I feel 10x more relieved that I finally found and installed a good one (for the budget I was working with)

About an hour ago I stopped in one of my LGS and came across one of the finest consignment 1911's (within my price range) in a while..... a LIKE NEW Colt lightweight Commander in polished stainless w/alum frame for freaking $795! The guy just put it on sale last night. Here's a stock pic which looked identical to the Colt:

http://media.liveauctiongroup.net/i/...CF5244A5C7FC90

Goddang budgets - I will never find a deal like that again!

I hate when my timing is off and I miss incredible deals. I can almost guarantee it will be sold by tomorrow.....this hobby sure does take over my life at times lol. Im never satisfied ;)

HOSSFLY 03-02-2013 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StainlessSteel215 (Post 1160446)
So I just dropped a few hundred clams this week on a nice new Field & Stream 10-gun safe. It was long overdue and I feel 10x more relieved that I finally found and installed a good one (for the budget I was working with)

About an hour ago I stopped in one of my LGS and came across one of the finest consignment 1911's (within my price range) in a while..... a LIKE NEW Colt lightweight Commander in polished stainless w/alum frame for freaking $795! The guy just put it on sale last night. Here's a stock pic which looked identical to the Colt:

http://media.liveauctiongroup.net/i/...CF5244A5C7FC90

Goddang budgets - I will never find a deal like that again!

I hate when my timing is off and I miss incredible deals. I can almost guarantee it will be sold by tomorrow.....this hobby sure does take over my life at times lol. Im never satisfied ;)

Dude- Thats the story of my life :(

txpossum 03-02-2013 02:55 PM

Sigh. Tell me about it. I have a rule (that may be modified soon) that I do not buy guns on credit or layaway -- my basic firearms needs are met, and everything else is gravey) --but in the last six months I have found three really sweet deals that I didn't have the cash for ant the time, and when I went back a week or so later it was, of course gone.

That would have been a nice gun, but, hey, think how much more secure you other guns are now.

I've been wanting a nice safe for some time now, but everytime a seriously consider buying one, I think, "but, damn, I could buy another gun for that price".

Right now I need a bigger and better safe more than I do another toy.

Axxe55 03-02-2013 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by txpossum (Post 1160465)
Sigh. Tell me about it. I have a rule (that may be modified soon) that I do not buy guns on credit or layaway -- my basic firearms needs are met, and everything else is gravey) --but in the last six months I have found three really sweet deals that I didn't have the cash for ant the time, and when I went back a week or so later it was, of course gone.

That would have been a nice gun, but, hey, think how much more secure you other guns are now.

I've been wanting a nice safe for some time now, but everytime a seriously consider buying one, I think, "but, damn, I could buy another gun for that price".

Right now I need a bigger and better safe more than I do another toy.

i won't use credit to buy guns, but i will and have used layaway to get them.

Sniper03 03-02-2013 03:09 PM

Stainless,

That is a very nice piece! And a good deal! Glad to hear you got a safe! They are a peace of mind! I do not know how heavy it is so get it bolted down if two or three guys could carry it with the weapons in it! Also they are great for valuables also and serve a dual purpose. Like your valuable documents, jewelry, coins and the like. Way to go!;)

BUCSFAN99 03-02-2013 05:18 PM

It's better to have gone back to gun shop and notice that gun is gone than to come home and notice ALL of your guns are gone.

gearhead396 03-02-2013 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axxe55

That's the only way I afford my guns :)

HockaLouis 03-02-2013 05:30 PM

Highly unlikely they'll take layaway for a consignment-gun for the obvious reason. Would you be willing to pay a premium that would be compelling enough for the gunshop to consider it though? Might have to match their commission...

chloeshooter 03-02-2013 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axxe55

Agreed credit you are obliged to someone else layaway is more like a commitment to yourself

trip286 03-02-2013 06:28 PM

That was almost my first 1911, new for $800. I opted for my springer because I wanted full sized and steel for my 1911 cherry.