sight question on sig 1911
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > sight question on sig 1911

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2011, 04:43 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 42 Times on 34 Posts

Default sight question on sig 1911

Hey guys Ive been Googling for hours to try to find out the actual type of rear night sight on my sig stx.
Can't find it! Let me clarify exactly what I mean here.....the small line directly under the notch. This is the only gun I have ever seen with this kind of rear night sight. I know the sights are classified at Patridge sights but was curious to know if there's an actual name for the line under the notch. I don't know why this is bugging me so much but I cannot find anything about them. Anyone else seen these sights before?

forumrunner_20110912_233716.jpg  

"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."
~John F. Kennedy

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-13-2011, 04:54 AM   #2

Liked 17 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Dont know if this will help, but a number of my SW revolvers have rear sight blades with a white outline as well. I know when I have ordered replacements they are simply called "White Outline" sights. The outline on the SW blade however extends up both sides of the notch as well as the bottom.

Bill
NRA Life Member

"Democracy is two wolves and one lamb voting what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote" Ben Franklin

"The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people; that... it is their right and duty to be at all times armed." --Thomas Jefferson to John Cartwright, 1824. ME 16:45

"It is God’s job to judge and forgive my enemy, I only arrange the meeting." Unidentified Marine

Old 09-13-2011, 07:10 AM   #3

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Try contrast sights

Old 09-15-2011, 03:21 AM   #4

Liked 42 Times on 34 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AznZOhAn
Try contrast sights
Thanks Azn

"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."
~John F. Kennedy

Old 09-15-2011, 05:45 AM   #5

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by g17frantz

Thanks Azn
You're welcome sir.