SIG Scorpion range report
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > SIG Scorpion range report

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2012, 09:53 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 80 Times on 53 Posts
Likes Given: 36

Default SIG Scorpion range report

I went today and took my Scorpion "as is" out of the box.

I hear people saying "you gotta get it home. You gotta clean and lube it. SIG guns needs lots of lube." B.S. I think.

The 1911 is a combat gun. And I wanted to treat it like one. Since SIG moved to being built in the States. I dont think SIG uses its famous "to hell and Back" motto. But I wanted to see if it lived up to its past glory.

I went to the range with 3 different ammos. 1 Winchester .45 Hollow point 230 gr. The thing about this hollow point ammo is the cavity is huge. 2nd ammo was Winchester 230 gr ball ammo. White box. 3rd kind of ammo was Hornady's 185 gr. Zombie ammo.

Now remember this gun is factory dirty with nothing done to it except picking it up and pulling the trigger.

160 rounds of all 3 ammos combined. Using the 2 factory mags only.

100% perfection!! From the 1st round to the very last. 160 trigger pulls, 160 rounds down range. Now sometimes somebody will say that i FTF or SP but they'll blame themselves and not the gun. none of that. 160 trigger pulls 160 pieces of lead on paper.

The very first magazine was 1 handed. Butter! I shot low and to the right. then I shot low. By the end i was on target doing not tight groups, but all on target center of mass chest to belly button. I'll continue to work on sight picture.

All brass was in one pile at the end of day. Perfect ejection every time. No brass to face or down back of shirt.

Sorry no pics. I have no camera! Anybody please feel free to send me your beater camera if you got a new one for Christmas!

In closing, The Scorpion and its factory magazines performed flawlessly! The mag eject pushed the empty magazine out with ease every time. I love this gun.

Loyalty can't be bought at any price;
but it can be rented remarkably cheaply.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-22-2012, 10:07 PM   #2

Liked 9206 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Damn, you caught me a little late, I gave away my old camera a little over a year ago right after last Christmas!

Glad to hear you had a good range day!

Old 03-02-2012, 05:27 PM   #3

We have to get this guy a camera.....LOL At least you spent your money where it counts....on a nice firearm. Forget the camera.

Old 03-02-2012, 05:32 PM   #4

Liked 360 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 167

Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgerBlue View Post
I went today and took my Scorpion "as is" out of the box.

I hear people saying "you gotta get it home. You gotta clean and lube it. SIG guns needs lots of lube." B.S. I think.

The 1911 is a combat gun. And I wanted to treat it like one. Since SIG moved to being built in the States. I dont think SIG uses its famous "to hell and Back" motto. But I wanted to see if it lived up to its past glory.

I went to the range with 3 different ammos. 1 Winchester .45 Hollow point 230 gr. The thing about this hollow point ammo is the cavity is huge. 2nd ammo was Winchester 230 gr ball ammo. White box. 3rd kind of ammo was Hornady's 185 gr. Zombie ammo.

Now remember this gun is factory dirty with nothing done to it except picking it up and pulling the trigger.

160 rounds of all 3 ammos combined. Using the 2 factory mags only.

100% perfection!! From the 1st round to the very last. 160 trigger pulls, 160 rounds down range. Now sometimes somebody will say that i FTF or SP but they'll blame themselves and not the gun. none of that. 160 trigger pulls 160 pieces of lead on paper.

The very first magazine was 1 handed. Butter! I shot low and to the right. then I shot low. By the end i was on target doing not tight groups, but all on target center of mass chest to belly button. I'll continue to work on sight picture.

All brass was in one pile at the end of day. Perfect ejection every time. No brass to face or down back of shirt.

Sorry no pics. I have no camera! Anybody please feel free to send me your beater camera if you got a new one for Christmas!

In closing, The Scorpion and its factory magazines performed flawlessly! The mag eject pushed the empty magazine out with ease every time. I love this gun.
Very nice and you know cameras aren't that expensive http://www.overstock.com/Electronics/Sakar-Eco-Trends-7.1MP-Black-Digital-Camera/6394483/product.html ....lol

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.

Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.

Old 03-02-2012, 07:17 PM   #5

Liked 1424 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Sorry I missed this thread the first time around Dodger.

Damn son, you're really changing my mind about these Sig 1911's. I'm teaching tomorrow and now I'm compelled to fondle a Sig or two after the "loud therapy" on the range.

I have always pooh-poohed the Sig as an overpriced German iPhone of a gun with a Mac-type rabid following. (Kinda like a glock but conscientiously built by Germans using steel rather than plastic.)

But now a 1911, and made here in Amurka!

I'll let you know what I think.

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 03-03-2012, 12:07 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake View Post
sorry i missed this thread the first time around dodger.

Damn son, you're really changing my mind about these sig 1911's. I'm teaching tomorrow and now i'm compelled to fondle a sig or two after the "loud therapy" on the range.

I have always pooh-poohed the sig as an overpriced german iphone of a gun with a mac-type rabid following. (kinda like a glock but conscientiously built by germans using steel rather than plastic.)

but now a 1911, and made here in amurka!

i'll let you know what i think.

can't wait!!

Old 03-04-2012, 02:17 AM   #7

Liked 1424 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

They didn't carry Sig.

Now I'm in search of a LGS that does.

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 03-05-2012, 04:09 AM   #8

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

I have a SIG 1911 GSR XO and it functions flawlessly. I am defintately going to pick up a Scorpion 1911. The SIG 1911's are designed to perfection.

Old 03-05-2012, 11:29 PM   #9

SIG in a effort to create the world's perfect 1911 employed this guy------>Matt McLearn.

He is a custom 1911 builder. Here's his website with bio and other stuff. http://www.mattmclearn.com/bio.html