Sig or Kimber.. - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > Sig or Kimber..

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2013, 08:25 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 587 Times on 393 Posts
Likes Given: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleyPat
Here ar a couple pics...hope this works
All black, I like it!

Rise and rise again, until lambs become lions....

DISCE PATI

Fear cuts deeper then the sword.

Old 07-06-2013, 11:23 AM   #22

Liked 41 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Here ar a couple pics...hope this works
Very sharp, you won't be disappointed.

Old 07-06-2013, 06:15 PM   #23
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 10 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 1

So the book says take it apart and clean it before the first shoot. Is this common with 1911s? Never did this with striker fired. Maybe I should have?

Pat

Endowment Member NRA, Ambassador Life Member Front Sight, Member USCCA

'Nobody knows what I do until I don't do it'

Old 07-06-2013, 06:45 PM   #24

Liked 531 Times on 288 Posts

Quote:
So the book says take it apart and clean it before the first shoot. Is this common with 1911s? Never did this with striker fired. Maybe I should have?
Personally I take apart, clean, and lube all my firearms prior to the first range trip.

Old 07-06-2013, 06:53 PM   #25

Liked 587 Times on 393 Posts
Likes Given: 47

Agreed, may understanding is the lube from the factory is more preservative then actual lube.
I'm sure someone will chime in as to why, but follow any break-in type procedures to the letter.

Rise and rise again, until lambs become lions....

DISCE PATI

Fear cuts deeper then the sword.

Old 07-06-2013, 09:24 PM   #26
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 212 Times on 169 Posts
Likes Given: 116

Quote:
So I went to the range This morning and shot a Kimber 9, two Kimber 45s, a Sig 45, and a Springfield 45... All three Kimbers had feed issues. These were owned by two different friends and used three types of ammo. The Springfield had more flip than the others (at least in my hand) but I was accurate with all the 1911s so that was a minor issue. We left the range and headed for Cabelas. They had a hell of a lot of Kimbers, several Springfields and several Sigs. In the end I purchased a Sig Tac PAC which is a Sig Nitron 45 auto with three mags, Serpa type holster with integrated mag pouch, and speed loader and lock all in a poly case. $899. Il be taking it apart for the first time before I take it to the range on Monday...wish me luck!

And thank you all for your input...much appreciated!
That's the same one I have. You'll love it. I was initially looking at saving up for a Springfield TRP until I held my SIG. I can always add an adjustable sight and magwell later on. But for half the price of a TRP the SIG was a no brainer.
Beretta 84FS .380 ACP
Ruger MKIII 22/45 Target .22LR

PWS (Primary Weapons Systems) MK114 5.56

Old 07-06-2013, 10:36 PM   #27
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3728 Times on 2285 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieHaynes
Sig cost a lot but shoot so great and no manual safety to deal with
Um I've never heard of a 1911 without a thumb safety. It's one of its key features... And I just went to Sig's website and look at literally every single 1911 model they have listed, and every single one had a thumb safety.

Check your facts. And/or clarify.

Quote:
So I went to the range This morning and shot a Kimber 9, two Kimber 45s, a Sig 45, and a Springfield 45... All three Kimbers had feed issues. These were owned by two different friends and used three types of ammo. The Springfield had more flip than the others (at least in my hand) but I was accurate with all the 1911s so that was a minor issue. We left the range and headed for Cabelas. They had a hell of a lot of Kimbers, several Springfields and several Sigs. In the end I purchased a Sig Tac PAC which is a Sig Nitron 45 auto with three mags, Serpa type holster with integrated mag pouch, and speed loader and lock all in a poly case. $899. Il be taking it apart for the first time before I take it to the range on Monday...wish me luck!

And thank you all for your input...much appreciated!
Congratulations on your new addition, HP! She's a beaut!

Always have clean socks.

Old 07-06-2013, 10:38 PM   #28

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Sorry about that , I was talking about the Sig p 220 45 with no manual safety

Old 07-07-2013, 12:49 AM   #29
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 12 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 37

HarleyPat,
Congratulations on your Sig purchase. No doubt in my mind that you bought a fine firearm. There are so many 1911s to choose from and in my opinion competition is good for the consumer.

I have a Kimber Pro Carry II and since that is what I own that is my basis of experience. Very well built and has been flawless since day one. No buyers remorse. I studied the market very carefully before buying and even looked at Sig but I went with the Kimber.

Happy shooting!

Old 07-07-2013, 02:24 AM   #30
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 10 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Thanks guys...one last question since I'm new to 1911s...is it ok to dry fire them? I've done a lot of dry fire practice with my striker fired guns and would like to do the same with my Sig if it won't damage anything.

A funny side note to all this...before I read these last couple posts I did take the gun down and clean and relube it...only problem was on re assembly I couldn't get the slide back on! Took it to my local range gunsmith and wouldn't you know he had decided to take a long weekend. So there I was at the range with my new gun in pieces when one of the range masters mentioned he had a sig. Just the man I'm looking for!! Turns out tolerances were so tight on the new gun it took a little wiggling to get the slide back on. What the heck, as long as I'm already at the range, (and the gun is back together) might as well start breaking it in right? It was a joy to shot and as accurate as I have ever been and then some. Very happy with my decision and can't wait for my next Front Sight class!

Pat

Endowment Member NRA, Ambassador Life Member Front Sight, Member USCCA

'Nobody knows what I do until I don't do it'