You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum >

Sig or Colt 45?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2012, 04:17 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCross7

The only reason I can see for not getting that reference is being a communist.

Just sayin...

-Fred
In soviet Russia, reference get you

Old 03-19-2012, 04:21 AM   #12

Liked 390 Times on 221 Posts
Likes Given: 207

Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake View Post
I just got a new Colt and I'm not sure what attention to detail its lacking.

Yes I'm biased but for a good reason. They work!

Are they a custom built gun like Nighthawk? No, but I can buy three Colts for what I would need to shell out for one NH. And there isn't a NH made that can give me three times the pleasure that my Colts provide!

If your Delta Elite is providing you "middle of the road in quality" send it back to Hartford and have them make it right! It does carry a satisfaction guarantee and they will fix any issue that doesn't measure up to Colt specs. They also have customer service that's tough to beat.

Why you gotta be so mean?
Yea, but you always have a new Colt so you might be getting a little jaded. They probably have the "canebrake room" at colt with shrine to you. Seriously, I'm probably being a bit bitchy about it. After I fixed the mags someone stomped on before they placed in the blue case and did some minor lapping here and there, she purrs like a puma. The idiot mark was also present but I gouged it in real good so it looks like it grew there.

Gee, I guess it's another colt.......then a sig!

Old 03-19-2012, 04:24 AM   #13

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotMormon
Yea, but you always have a new Colt so you might be getting a little jaded. They probably have the "canebrake room" at colt with shrine to you. Seriously, I'm probably being a bit bitchy about it. After I fixed the mags someone stomped on before they placed in the blue case and did some minor lapping here and there, she purrs like a puma. The idiot mark was also present but I gouged it in real good so it looks like it grew there.

Gee, I guess it's another colt.......then a sig!
Why not both?

Old 03-19-2012, 04:26 AM   #14

Liked 390 Times on 221 Posts
Likes Given: 207

Fork it over money bags! And it better come with ten lbs of smoked pork shoulder!

Last edited by NotMormon; 03-19-2012 at 04:30 AM.

Old 03-19-2012, 04:31 AM   #15

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotMormon
Fork it over money bags! And it better come with ten lbs of smoked pork shoulder!
Not, I want YOU to buy em then we go out and shoot them. I've never shot a sig, I'd like to.

Old 03-19-2012, 04:49 AM   #16

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

SIG 1911's are awesome guns. I have the XO GSR and getting the Scorpion. I have a COLT 1991A1 that was junk from the factory. Chipped barrel, plastic trigger and backstrap, and the finish was flawed. Colt replaced the barrel.

Aside from the 1991A1 Colts are top notch, but I cannot say they are any better than a Sig, Smith, or Kimber.

Old 03-19-2012, 10:26 AM   #17
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22401 Times on 12496 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

just this weekend i was at my LGS picking up a rifle and spent quite a bit of time looking at 1911's, shopping for my next one. he had two Sig 1911's and four Colt 1911's. well i was more impressed with the overall quality and feel of the Colts over the Sig's. just from my perspective, i would buy the Colt. i really liked the Colt Commander and at a price of $925, it will probably be my next 1911 purchase. fit and finish were great and the pistol was very smooth. i have nothing against the Sig, and have owned a couple in the past, just not in the 1911 platform. the Sig was just a little more duded up than the Colt and from my point of view, i like simple, reliable and functional. for me the Colt just fits my needs better.

Old 03-21-2012, 05:04 PM   #18

I have 5 recent Colt 1911s. Quality (fit, finish, functionality) on each of them is absolutely superb. I sold my Sig Blackwater 1911 (same as the current TacOps). It was unbelievably accurate but plagued with quality issues (loose rear sight that required loctiting, loose grip bushing, unadjustable external extractor, finish wore off in one spot after 6 months even though it saw only a range bag and never a holster...).

Old 04-01-2012, 08:56 AM   #19

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Default Colt vs Sig

I have plenty of Colts. Can't say I've never had issues with them but I love them just the same.

I've had several Sigs. Never had a problem with a one of them. Like them a lot.

Wouldn't have an issue with either, just had much better luck with my Sigs.

Love the Scorpion model.

NRA Benefactor Life
US Army 1972-1980
TSRA Life;GOA Life

Old 04-02-2012, 02:28 AM   #20

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Just bought a Sig 1911 tac ops, sweet shooting gun. Not my first 1911 but probably the most expensive. Although I will say that since I got into firearms 4 yrs ago and most states have loosened up their cpl restrictions, gun manufacturers who have had stellar reputations for quality have since fallen well below what there standards use to be. Not to mention the fact they are putting more effort into dressing up the gun than how it functions. Sig sauer has gone off the deep end with some of the designs. I like the different desing as far as the slide but all that other stuff can go.