Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   1911 Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/)
-   -   Sig or Colt 45? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/sig-colt-45-a-60517/)

NotMormon 03-18-2012 10:22 PM

Sig or Colt 45?

Recently, I purchased a Colt Delta Elite and pretty much love it. However, I've seen Rocks put together with more attention to detail than this high dollar, "quality" can killer. I'm probably going to grab a 45 soon and was wondering if some of you have experience with both. I've popped the top off of a couple of sigs lately and it looks like Sig should be awarded the "quality makes it a ___" label. Smoother with less dings in the slide, apparently. I have not squeezed the trigger on one so I can't say personally.

Not sure how I feel about the external extractor, but hey, if it works! I still love colts but it looks like (to me) the name is just keeping them alive.:confused:

Bash away!

NotMormon 03-19-2012 01:22 AM

Everyone asleep?

Ledbetter84 03-19-2012 01:25 AM

I'd go colt. Wish I had. But I'll end up with one some day

limbkiller 03-19-2012 03:14 AM

I don't like sigs much but get what you are saying about Colt. I love them but they are middle of the road in quality.

gollygee 03-19-2012 03:36 AM

I have 2 Colts & don't have that problem. If it's just a cosmetic thing, they'll fix it the first year. If it is something that could turn into something more serious, you have a lifetime service agreement & sending it in now could avoid problems later. Call them.

Mdrums 03-19-2012 03:40 AM

Wow, y'all are making me feel bad about my Colt 1911 purchase a few days ago. I also,looked at the Sig too and liked it very much.

Ledbetter84 03-19-2012 03:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mdrums
Wow, y'all are making me feel bad about my Colt 1911 purchase a few days ago. I also,looked at the Sig too and liked it very much.

I'll take it off our hands..... Just so you don't feel bad!

canebrake 03-19-2012 04:04 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I just got a new Colt and I'm not sure what attention to detail its lacking.

Yes I'm biased but for a good reason. They work!

Are they a custom built gun like Nighthawk? No, but I can buy three Colts for what I would need to shell out for one NH. And there isn't a NH made that can give me three times the pleasure that my Colts provide!

If your Delta Elite is providing you "middle of the road in quality" send it back to Hartford and have them make it right! It does carry a satisfaction guarantee and they will fix any issue that doesn't measure up to Colt specs. They also have customer service that's tough to beat.

Why you gotta be so mean?

Ledbetter84 03-19-2012 04:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canebrake

Why you gotta be so mean?

i had to ask my wife to get the picture reference....

FCross7 03-19-2012 04:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ledbetter84 (Post 744684)
i had to ask my wife to get the picture reference....

The only reason I can see for not getting that reference is being a communist.

Just sayin... :D

-Fred