Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > Sig 238=1911?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2010, 01:12 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Sig 238=1911?

Don't jump down my throat, but I actually don't have alot of experience with 1911s. I do like 'em though, so don't think I ain't a fan. I just don't know much about them nor have I ever fired one. I have found that I am a little more into the compacts and subcompacts more than anything else. I have looked at some smaller frame 1911s, but one of the new toys that are out is the Sig Sauer 380. I know its not the old traditional design, but is it not very similar. I find that by holding it and checking it out in the store it's quite close. At least to my eyes. Like I said, I am not real familiar with these. Correct me if I am mistaken on this. I don't want to expect somthing out of this gun that it's not. I actually came really close to getting a Star model B, but backed out when I found out that night that it wasn't a true 1911. Parts would have been very dificult to come by and everyone said that I would be dissatisfied. I do want to get a true 1911 in a full size some day, but I'll be waiting quite a while. When I go to get one it will be exactly what I want. And it will be a custom piece that I will actually keep cased and safed. I already expect to have to spend a pretty little penny on this one, but it's a dream that might come true one day. For now, I'm just gonna get the ones that I like and CAN get. That's why I wanna know the ups and downs of the 238. Aside of comparing it to the 1911, I also want to know any pros or cons to the weapon.

Thanks in advance.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here