Sig 1911s anyone? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > Sig 1911s anyone?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2009, 11:40 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

I overgeneralized about Sig's prices.... I should have said that some of their guns are overpriced but that doesn't necessarily include all their 1911 models. Sig does not do a good job of controlling their pricing like other companies and with their dealer program, their pricing has become even more out of control now. You can go out and find, on many sites and auctions, almost any Sig model less than 10% over dealer cost while they normally set their MAP pricing at roughly 25% over cost. Sometimes more. I won't buy a Sig for that reason. Their non-1911 pistols are definitely good quality but I'll put my money into another brand. I'd probably go for a Glock or H&K for a non-1911 and a Kimber for a 1911. I also really like a few Springfield 1911's.

Old 05-22-2009, 06:29 PM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by supergus View Post
I was curious as to what kind of Kimber you have and what you paid for it. I paid $900 with tax and have put 6,800 rounds through it and it's still as accurate as the day I bought it. So you have a Kimber that you paid $450 for? Sure they both did the same thing; they put holes in things, but how about accuracy and reliability?
Lonewolf, I'm not sure how you can say SIG 1911's are overpriced when most of their 1911's are at or under 1k, which is actually less than the average price of a Kimber. Anyone who thinks that SIG's 1911's are somehow inferior to other "mass produced, higher end" pistols has clearly not owned a SIG for any length of time. I urge anyone to give SIG a look, and I guarantee that the SIGs will run with any comparably priced gun.
I hope I didn't come off as cranky, but.... I am! Headed to the dentist and I'm not really in the mood for that! I always respect other people's opinions as I hope others would allow me the same consideration. Thanks.
That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!

$720 out the door, brand new from a Kimber Master dealer plus another $20ish for the grips. $1100 to $1200 is about average price on a Sig 1911 around here, but you can still pick up base Custom IIs and Compact IIs for about $700.

"'Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue sky? "
Roger Waters

Vote freedom, join the Libertarian Party.