Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   1911 Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/)
-   -   Sig 1911s anyone? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/sig-1911s-anyone-13853/)

SingleAction 05-14-2009 12:21 AM

Sig 1911s anyone?

i have been looking at 1911s for awhile now and i have been hoping to buy a nice medium priced stainless model. Does anyone know anything about sigs line good or bad? i was on the web site and the 1911 stainless looks very nice. any input?

propex 05-14-2009 02:07 PM

Do not quote me on this but I don't beleive a Sig is a true 1911 clone. All parts are not inter-changeable if I remember correctly

Dillinger 05-14-2009 02:31 PM

Propex is correct. The sig line of 1911's are a great pistol, but they are slightly different than the standard, traditional 1911 family.

Sig is making a good quality, well built 1911 and they have entered it in the military pistol trials, so that alone says something.

I think, for the money, there are other pistols out there that are a better overall value ( Taurus PT1911 and Kimber Custom II ) but there is nothing wrong with the Sig line up.

JD

canebrake 05-14-2009 06:01 PM

4 Attachment(s)
For the money, and if you can find one, the Colt model O1980XSE is my favorite 5" Government.

Attachment 3190

Colt's Manufacturing Company LLC

The new model O1070RG named "Rail Gun" has been announced, but has yet hit the gun shops, looks like a winner with a MSR of $1055. It comes with a Smith and Alexander high-ride "true" beaver tail grip safety w/palm swell, Novak White Dot Carry sights and the tact-rail.

Attachment 3191

Attachment 3192

Attachment 3193

Looks like my XSE without the rail;

http://i695.photobucket.com/albums/v...etogo500-1.jpg

Slawth 05-15-2009 01:11 AM

I fondled the Nitron, the Platnum Elite and the TTT prior to finding my Talon and although they were well made, they seemed somehow bulkier then other 1911's in the shop (not to mention they were were waaaaay overpriced). I actually liked the Taurus' better.

I was not aware that the Sigs were not true clones. That plus the price secures a big thumbs down from me.

supergus 05-19-2009 03:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slawth (Post 106144)
I fondled the Nitron, the Platnum Elite and the TTT prior to finding my Talon and although they were well made, they seemed somehow bulkier then other 1911's in the shop (not to mention they were were waaaaay overpriced). I actually liked the Taurus' better.

I was not aware that the Sigs were not true clones. That plus the price secures a big thumbs down from me.

If and when you get to shoot a SIG 1911 your "overpriced " comment will be replaced with a **** -eatin' ear to ear grin and you'll realize that they are actually a good value, and accurate as hell:D

M14sRock 05-19-2009 05:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canebrake (Post 106062)
For the money, and if you can find one, the Colt model O1980XSE is my favorite 5" Government.

Attachment 3190

Colt's Manufacturing Company LLC

The new model O1070RG named "Rail Gun" has been announced, but has yet hit the gun shops, looks like a winner with a MSR of $1055. It comes with a Smith and Alexander high-ride "true" beaver tail grip safety w/palm swell, Novak White Dot Carry sights and the tact-rail.

Attachment 3191

Attachment 3192

Attachment 3193

Looks like my XSE without the rail;

http://i695.photobucket.com/albums/v...etogo500-1.jpg

Ah Jeez. Just when I thought I had all the Colt Gov't models I could ever use...

matt g 05-19-2009 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by supergus (Post 107123)
If and when you get to shoot a SIG 1911 your "overpriced " comment will be replaced with a **** -eatin' ear to ear grin and you'll realize that they are actually a good value, and accurate as hell:D

I've fired Sigs that were priced close to double what my cheap little Kimber cost. They both did the same thing.

lonewolfdj 05-21-2009 02:18 PM

Go Kimber

Sig's products are generally overpriced and don't hold their value well... The main reason is b/c Sig will let almost anyone buy direct from them (5 pistol minimum purchase to become a Sig dealer). Kimber makes an amazing pistol and their quality is top notch.

supergus 05-21-2009 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matt g (Post 107269)
I've fired Sigs that were priced close to double what my cheap little Kimber cost. They both did the same thing.

I was curious as to what kind of Kimber you have and what you paid for it. I paid $900 with tax and have put 6,800 rounds through it and it's still as accurate as the day I bought it. So you have a Kimber that you paid $450 for?:confused: Sure they both did the same thing; they put holes in things, but how about accuracy and reliability?
Lonewolf, I'm not sure how you can say SIG 1911's are overpriced when most of their 1911's are at or under 1k, which is actually less than the average price of a Kimber. Anyone who thinks that SIG's 1911's are somehow inferior to other "mass produced, higher end" pistols has clearly not owned a SIG for any length of time. I urge anyone to give SIG a look, and I guarantee that the SIGs will run with any comparably priced gun.
I hope I didn't come off as cranky, but.... I am! Headed to the dentist and I'm not really in the mood for that!:mad: I always respect other people's opinions as I hope others would allow me the same consideration. Thanks.
That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!:D